Most Important Stat for Success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 27, 2013.

?
  1. Jake Locker's Passer Rating

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. CJ's Total Rushing Yards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Time of Possession

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  4. Turnover Ratio

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. Defensive Sacks

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Offensive Third Down Conversion %

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  7. Offensive Red Zone Efficiency

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I went with turnover ratio. Create turnovers and on offense don't turnover the ball is always a good recipe for success.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If you are converting 3rds, then that means you are moving the ball down field and keeping control of the clock. Hopefully also winning the field position battle and getting in scoring range ... going 3 and out just affects too many things negatively, so I went with that.

Although, I think what might be even more important is success on 1st down. The lack of success on 1st down last year is really what hurt us in converting 3rds last year. Its hard to convert 3rd and 8s all the time. So to me, it all boils down to success on 1st down, and putting your team in manageable situations for 2nd and 3rd.

You could be 100% eff. in the redzone, but what would that matter if you never get there?

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I've got to say ToP (which turnover ratio and 3rd down success play huge parts in) because we do not have elite talent on defense. We have good players but we need to keep them fresh to compensate for our lack of playmakers.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I went ToP as well for reasons already said. It's keeping our D off the field (weak link), it means chances are we're not turning the ball over, we're moving the ball, converting 3rd downs, and CJ and Locker are likely playing well. While each of these options can be related to one or 2 others, I think ToP relates to all of them. 3 and outs and our D being gassed by the 4th has killed us in recent years.

5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I went that route as well but Im surprised def. sacks didnt get more. Either way, I think we are all in the right by leaning towards defensive production overall

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

turnover ratio

If Jake scores more than he turns it over we make the playoffs

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's really no wrong answer to this except for one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

With all the options available, I have to go with Jake's passer rating. If he has a high passer rating it means we are throwing the ball well, we aren't totally relying on our running game, and our offense is in good shape. Time of possession is key also but I think we only go as far as Jake takes us. The success of our offense and the team as a whole is in his hands. He's got weapons to throw to, an OL to give him time, one of the best RBs in the business to help in the running game and so he has no excuses.

It's time for Jake to prove if he's man or mouse. Sink or swim time.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No option for Vince Young's W-L record?

Not voting.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Red-Zone efficiency. I'm a big fan of Bironas, but I want TDs. 3 points in this passing league ain't gonna cut it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar