Most important role of a NFL Team is it's QB!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

jessestylex, i agree with what you said 100%. in the NFl you need a Qb that will dedicate his/or her (you never know) life to the team.

For example, The Colts. Manning is a living legend, if you take him out of the equation. The Colts are a sub .500 team, if he didnt play this year they could be 2-14 to 4-12 easy. With him they are AFC South Champs and 8-8. if Manning was on the Titans, Fisher would look like Lombardi, and the Titans would be, that team.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Old washed up quarterbacks? I agree. Kerry Collins is enough.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

LOL Seriously !

When you say franchise QB what exactly are you referring to? Manning? roethlisberger? Rodgers? Brady? Brees? Compared to how many teams are in the league, how many have franchise qb's?

IMO the most important role on an NFL team is the HC. Because he has to know the strength and weakness of his quarterback and gameplan accordingly. Puts him in a position to succeed. Otherwise you can have a Manning, Rodgers, Brees etc.. on your team and still not be successful.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

No s*** Sherlock.

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

keep digging watson!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

You and I share a special bond which words can not describe.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

all we need is a guy named Stanford

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Not to worry Jesse. With Keeping Fish and Cecil and losing Washburn Bud is setting us up to be in position to nab Luck next year. This is all Bud's diabolical plan, muhahahaha.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG]

With the 6th overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select...Aaron Rodgers...

/thread

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

its simple as this......fire fish....hope bud sells the team.....hopefully someone like pat riley buys its lol then he wont be afraid to spend the money....sign devlin....and julio jones....put a rookie qb out there in fishers last year to work with the other young receivers but being totally honest.....

there is no point in moaning and crying as you know bud is gonna sign an old washed up qb and draft a qb that is from idaha or somewhere that has no upside in the sixth or seventh round....waste our picks on people that wont help us....we run cj on first and second down and try a play-action and incomplete pass or sack on third down....get a 3 point lead and fisher will run it on every down then punt it and think he is doing the right thing.....as long as fisher is coaching i have no faith in us even coming close to the superbowl again.....look at all the teams in the playoffs right now....how long have there coaches been coaching and have already done more than what fisher has done in 17 years....1 superbowl in 17 is not an achievement its not that good at all.....were doomed until we get a new head coach and can get a franchise qb first round of our first draft under our new coach....

now....after saying all that....i think the best thing we could do is sign deangelo williams, draft julio jones, and defense then keep kerry collins our starter so we can go 2-14 and get luck in the draft then trade cj for a first and 2nd rounder next year... and upgrade whatever else holes we have....get luck and another solid first rounder with two second round picks will be a great start to a new coach but until we get rid of fisher.....ill feel ashamed of being a titans fan just cause of him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar