Most DISTURBING movies you have seen?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Jacobs Ladder

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Society just for the end scene. Like wtf?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hostel - the chick with the eye

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

[​IMG]

It's non-stylized, realistic and painfully graphic violence makes Silence of the Lambs looks like a Disney film. Haven't seen this in over a decade... not exactly lite viewing fare.

On the other end of the spectrum is a couple from Takashi Miike. These two are highly stylized yet completely unnerving and at times nauseating.

Audition
    [​IMG]

and the infamous...

[​IMG]
    This baby grabs you by the nads right from the start and you know you're in for a craaazy ride. The title credits are made to look like they're done in a specific body fluid... not blood, not sweat, not tears...

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I watched 'Henry' for the first time last year. Maybe it's because I've been desensitized by movies like Se7en & 8MM etc but I thought Henry was chit.

I realize it was made a long time ago but viewing it today I didn't get why it was so hyped up. Just my 2 cents TB.:))

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've often wondered if it stood the test of time (that's why I mentioned I hadn't seen it for a while). Judging from viewer comments on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb lots of viewers still find it pretty nasty.

I'm almost curious enough to seek it out and try watching it again.

Have you seen any of Miike's stuff?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He started off with a few decent supporting roles but the last time I saw was in a nothing role in a CSI episode.

Makes me wonder if he was a tool to work with ala Sean Young.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Just because it was one of the first I saw that "first person-ized" somebody with a total disregard for the sanctity of human life.

And for the same reason:

[​IMG]

9. Jesus Camp

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I generally avoid these kinds of movies but Exorcist was the first which messed with my head. 8MM did as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar