Most Disappointing Player...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 28, 2011.

?
  1. Eugene Amano

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. LeRoy Harris

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Jared Cook

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Marc Mariani

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Damian Williams

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Michael Griffin

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  7. Barrett Ruud

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. Derrick Morgan

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Other (please list)

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The biggest hit I've seen Griff deliver was in the Ravens game this past year. The one he was flagged on (and rightfully so); that penalty didn't bother me and it gave me hope Griff was trying to be more of a physical presence.

I never really noticed Griff delivering crushing blows before then. Hope is the same way, IMO. In our last playoff loss to the Ravens, I forget if it was 4th or 3rd down...I want to say 4th and long but it was their last drive...Flacco throws a high ball to Heap beyond the first down marker...there was already a defender on Heap and all Hope has to do is make sure the ball hits the ground...instead of laying Heap out he tries to pick the ball and Heap winds up with a nice circus catch and a first down.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ok so you name one bad play. I can think of a bad play that ed reed has made. He let a TE, cook, get behind him and make big catch downfield. That doesn't make Reed a disappointment. Griff seems to be playing well to me. The only thing he isn't doing is getting ints. Which is actually pretty hard to do for a safety. Unless your Reed or Polamalu and play the entire field, which Griff doesn't do

3. theprizdfighter

..well you did ask for other things he did wrong....BUT I wasn't even trying to give you another reason people thinks he sucks...I was just going on about him not being physical and giving a rebuttal to your statement that he used to give more bone crushing hits..which is false. I only was reinforcing what I had said in the previous post.

I am with you...I don't think Griff is as bad as some people make him out to be.

And a rebuttal to your statement of it being hard for safeties to get INTs...Griff led the league in INTs one year when Haynesworth was in Ten.

Edit: and the 'one bad' play I named was of Hope's not Griffs.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ok i see. I agree he makes mistakes, i just don't understand the hate for him when he is actually playing pretty good.

Physicality wise, i mean he used to hit alot harder than he does now.

And in terms of safeties getting Ints. He had 7 ints in 08. Which was his pro bowl year. I didn't say safeties couldn't get ints. I was simply saying it is very hard. Which is why he went to the pro bowl. Not alot of guys were doing what he was doing.

5. theprizdfighter

^ Yes...a lot of the credit for his 7 ints and pro bowl visit goes to our D-line and AH in particular.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That goes without saying. In 08 our line was unquestioned. All Griff and our dbs had to do was sit back and cover. Now Griff is asked to do more. Run support. Which is a big reason why he bites on pa's so often

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I seriously don't know who to pick and that's not a good sign.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Its sad when you have so many players to choose from.

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Ruud. Mad soft!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey Jwill1919,
    Your boy Jason Jones looked damn good out there today. Sack, constant pressure, 2 batted balls....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar