Mortgage crisis getting worse?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

read about that in Conde Nast Portfolio.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am torn between the angst over what the government can do to help finance a fix for this mess and frustration and anger at mortgage companies that granted loans to people who should not have qualified for them and people knowingly taking on loans that they could not afford.

I personally think they should require the mortgage companies to lock the mortgages at levels the people can afford for now, even if for short term to avoid a massive default wave again.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Right now I dont think there is anything we can do. Because of some of the loan types that were created over the last few years, the low in forclosers has not even hit. If things were corrected 6 mths ago, we would see the peak in forclosers in 2010. It kills me some of the reasons that people are getting in this mess. The main one being that they DID NOT READ THE PAPERWORK THEY SIGNED. They did not even understand that their intrest rate was going to double in 2 years. People are going under now, and the harsh intrest rates havent even hit yet. Things are going to get very ugly over the next few years. Glad I bought cheap now!!!!!

I wonder if this is how Rome felt.... :)

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Welcome to the "ownership society".

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bottom line- lots of people are stupid. Lots of other people like to take advantage of those stupid people. Those people are screwing a lot of things up for all of us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Blame Barney Frank...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I just blame Barney.

[​IMG]

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

[​IMG]

Is it wrong to hate stupid people and greedy people?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Wrong fag...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar