Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GeronimoJackson, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

This is horrible. I normally wouldn't care but I've been waiting for a third Mortal Kombat movie for a long time and this web series is what fans are getting instead of a third movie.

Amateur writing, predictable and boring dialogue, bad editing, fight scenes are lame, and making an episode only 6 minutes long just doesn't work. Such a shame since the 10 minute teaser actually looked somewhat promising.

And the sad thing is I'm probably going to keep watching. :ha:

Thoughts from longtime MK fans?

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

The game is fun. Who plays fighting games for the dialogue and story lines?

Seriously the MK story is so retarded I don't know why you would even want to follow it.

Go online. Just fight.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think he's talking about a separate web series.

4. GeronimoJackson

You're confused. This is the show I'm referring to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yea I know. I think I was a few pints in when I read that. Apologies.

Regardless those movies were a bit silly. The web series... I watched a little bit of it but stopped as soon as the magic and outworld nonsense came into it. I was digging it until then.

I liked the original one they made like last year where Baraka and Reptile were deranged serial killers instead of magical monsters.

6. GeronimoJackson

It's all good.

Well of course they're silly, I'm not going to expect 12 Angry Men-esque like dialogue when I watch Mortal Kombat, but you still have a set of standards. The first movie, as silly as it may have been, gave me what I wanted from a MK movie. (the second one never stood a chance with them not being able to bring back the same actors)

Yeah, you're referring to the teaser I mentioned, it looked like they wanted to go with that realistic approach like the way Nolan did with Batman, which I really didn't mind because it seemed like it'd be a breath of fresh air and I was really intrigued to see how it'll work. I had no problem with them wanting to go one direction but yet also throw in side episodes about Outworld stuff, paying some homage to MK roots, but the comic book drawings in the Kitana/Mileena episode was killing me lol. So yeah, where you stopped.

7. GeronimoJackson

The last few episodes have been a lot better. Instead of making a second season, they should use the first season as a pitch for a reboot movie, and just have the story start off from where the prequel (show) left off.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

the whole thing's really a pitch to WB to pick it up as a movie really; they couldn't do that until Warner Bros actually agreed to produce it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar