Mort says Fisher out.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passer By

Passer By Camp Fodder

But it really is that simple. You said it yourself.

As long as Vince doesn't show up drunk and fall on his face at the first practice, the presumptive new coach will install an offense he feels best suits the abilities of everyone he's got, including Vince. And Vince will run that offense. If he's not good at it, game over. There's no more Fisher to blame, and Bud will see that. If he is good at it, the new head coach will be happy and turn his attention to other problems.

That is an oversimplification since it's just a paragraph, but that will be the big picture for a new coach. And it's not crippling. Any coach and OC worthy of the job can install an offense with sufficient flexibility to change parts as needed.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I want to see wholesale changes to this defense.......starting with more pressure and less zone coverage!

I want to see CJ on the edge more especially around the goal line.

If young is the quarterback, then let him run and stop trying to make him a pocket passer. Either way I really hope we draft a qb in the first round, one way or another. I am just really tired of fisher pushing KFC. I am fine if KFC,Vince, and Jeff are all gone! KFC can take Kitna's place in big D, holding a clipboard behind Romo. Until, Jeff decides that KFC is better than Romo. Then another owner can hurt jeff's feelings!

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

All of this assumes that Bud will "see that". I am not ready to believe that he will. I have sort of followed this team for about 15 years before they came to Nashville, and Bud, even before the advancement of age, really never struck me as someone who is always practical and reasonable when it comes to matters such as this. Then throw into this whole "hatred" of Houston politics for getting kicked out of town, as well as his age, and I just think that it will not be as simple as a new coach coming in, VY messing up again, and Bud suddenly taking the new coach's side.

That being said, one can always hope that VY comes in next year with a fresh attitude, but his behavior since the Redskin game (not showing up at all at practices or games, except for the unannounced cameo made at the Texan game) does nothing to make me think that will happen either.

I see a train wreck coming...one that will last a few years IMO. I hope I am wrong, because I prefer to have happy conversations on this board.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Firing Fisher after all these years will be hard for Bud, he done lost his wife..now he has to think about losing Fisher who he has been friends with forever.

Lock Out looming and the Titan being 1 of many teams looking for a coach, Bud might just keep Fisher. i think Bud will keep Fisher but make him clean house of the other coaches. and he will give Fisher the choice to keep VY or go after another QB.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm more interested in current coordinators on several teams than these "proven" coaches. How much of a proven coach was Belichick before he became the Head Coach in NE?

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

My point still stands. Coaches will look at COC and BELIEVE that they can make it work. That THEIR system is the key. That they are better than their predecessors. That there is up and comers that will take on the challenge. It is not the be all end all of their reasoning to take a job or not. Is it a factor, probably, but to say no coach would willing take on that situation is asinine. If that were the case then why does Dallas have a head coach? Why is Fisher of all people rumored to be the next Cowboys coach? COC my butt it is what you make of it.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nail meet head.. I suspect ol' Bud is on an entirely different page about this whole mess. If it would burn Houston/McNair/Mcnair's wife more to keep Fish around and dump Vince then I would expect a whole lot more Fish...

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

That's why I've held off getting too involved in all these rants and raves. Folks around here seem to take one opinion or quote and go balistic with it. Calm down people.

Honestly, I believe Jeff Fisher will be the Titans coach in 2011. It may not be the popular choice on gotitans.com or even the best choice, but I think ya'll are going to have to live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar