Morgan vs Pierre-Paul, 1-pick away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree that it looks like JPP is the better player at the moment, but Stever4life brings up a good point. We don't know that the Titans didn't have Morgan ahead of JPP on their board anyway. Even if NYG didn't take him, we still may have taken Morgan.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Morgan pick when we got him and I'm still rooting for the guy to do something. With him getting injured last year I was willing to give him a pass because he was still working to get back to full health but he's been a big disappointment. I don't see him getting after the QB and he doesn't stop the run either.

And the sig was the only pic that I found with our D in it. And well I made the change because I wanted one with Locker.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't regret the Morgan pick any. Sure his numbers are way down, but the dude ripped his knee in half last September, which mean he's still recovering.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yup. I would actually put my money on us having Morgan rated higher than JPP. IIRC he was by far considered the more "NFL ready" of the two. JPP had the higher upside but many questioned whether he would even be successful at all at the next level. At the time we needed a DE to step in and make an impact right away, not a project.

I haven't completely given up on Morgan though. As others have mentioned, he is coming off of a very serious injury. That said, I don't really see him ever being much more than just "solid". Don't see him as that game-changing type DE that you expect out of a first rounder. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You can compare the 2 of course.

But how do we know JPP would have been a stud in Nashville, and how do we know if Morgan would have been a stud in NY?

And I recall 9 out of 10 people on here saying to stay away from JPP. It's crazy how things change.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes they were. And I was one of them. The Morgan pick was weird for me. I remember feeling very apathetic about it. I didn't hate it by any means. But I wasn't excited either. I knew we really needed a pass rusher so I couldn't complain.

If we're going to play the "woulda-coulda-shoulda" game I wish we would've taken Pouncy. And if not him, Dez Bryant.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Honestly, I wanted Dez Bryant that year. I have watched a lot of Georgia Tech and Morgan was nothing to really rave about.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think that's one thing that different now that Fish is gone. He would ALWAYS go BPA and you see where that got us. Now look at this years draft class. They drafted players they thought would fit their scheme and it looks like it worked to perfection.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. When it was our pick and Dez was still on the board I was really hoping he would be our guy. But I wasn't too disappointed when we passed since we had just taken a 1st round WR the previous year and really needed a pass rush. In retrospect though, it sure would've been nice to have had some Britt insurance. And Morgan has been just about worthless so far. So...

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dez Bryant is a liability off the field, at least with Morgan we know he'll be available if not hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar