More Minnesota woes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Favre did that to buy some time so he could keep his starting streak intact.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I hate to high five that cause of Favre..but just too good Bi..too good..

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Brett Favre says he wouldn't have played today, but I think that's only because he doesn't have to play today. God wants that streak to continue, and so does Favre.

On another note; wasn't it a bridge in MN that also collapse just a few years ago? They might want to hire better engineers up that way.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The fact that the roof is inflateable does't help its cause.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

With me in 1st place in my FF league, and with Hakeem Nicks, Migraine Man, and the Giants D in my potential lineup, this news made for quite the active morning (all that plus shoveling the driveway in the 50 mph breeze up here) this morning.

Congrats for Lion fans though....they will actually have the chance to see two NFL teams play for once. I have heard that tickets will be given away, that fans coming from Minnesota with a game ticket will get preferential seating around the 50s, and that other tickets will be on first come, first serve basis.

I would have hated to be in the stadium when the roof gave way...it is a huge rip around the 50 yard line.

7. avvie

Wouldn't you think that some form of heat inside the building would keep this from happening?

8. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

I was thinking this sounds awful similar to the "rain-out" in Bull Durham.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not in Minneapolis....

Believe me, this storm was vicious. The snow was very wet (very heavy) when it came,totaled 15 inches, then after it fell the winds picked up to 50+ mph and temperature fell to negative numbers. There may have been some snow melting at at the membrane itself, but the temperature drop kept it from substantially melting.

My guess is that the combination of the weight of the snow + the wind caused the breach.

10. avvie

Good points. Admittedly, it's hard to follow the Weather Channel from out here in the middle of the ocean ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar