More interesting news....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by OILERTATTOO, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

With DMC going multi platform and rumors that MGS and FF may do the same. At least MS is trying their hardest after this comment....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147234

Boris Schneider-Johne, Xbox Product Manager of Microsoft Germany, today hints at his blog, called dreisechtig.net (German for threesixty), that Devil May Cry 4 may only be the first of three exclusive PS3-games coming also to Xbox 360.

--On his blog, he posted the following phrase:

--"One down, two to go"

--Followed by the names of three games: Devil May Cry --(striked), Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.

--It is unknown if this is only a personal wish of --Schneider-Johne, or that maybe Microsoft has more --surprise for us coming soon. But now Devil May Cry 4 has --made the final step, nothing seems to be unthinkable --anymore.

Now this....

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=41511

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070319/D8NVEASO0.html

Imo, Sony needs to buy Take 2, but can they outbid MS? Probably not.

If MS purchases Take 2, there would be little doubt that they would ax GTA IV for the PS3 and keep GTA exclusive for the 360 which would be another huge blow to Sony.

Gotta say, MS is playing for keeps right now.

[​IMG]

And no, I am not hating. I already own all three next gen consoles.

Later

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, that guy made it clear later on that he was simply expressing his personal opinion about the subject.

I'm starting to realize, however, that this whole 'exclusivity' deal is more of a personal choice by publishers and has very little to do with actual contracts in most cases. Capcom has had good success with games such as Dead Rising and Lost Planet on the 360, so it makes all the sense in the world to bring a popular game like DMC to the 360 too. But this also means that they weren't legally bound to make this game a PS3 exclusive. And so is probably the case with other third parties.

We might be seeing the end of third party 'exclusives' and for good reason -- the costs to make games will without a doubt increase considerably for the next-gen, so making a game cross-platform is probably the only option to ensure a larger profit that will need to cover higher game expenses and higher developing time.

More like no doubt.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

god of war III

4. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Amen!

Can't wait for it, even though it is going to take a while. It will be amazing.

Later

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gow3 aside, I'd probably get an x-box if they got MG4 and FF13.

Assassins Creed, Gears of War, Metal Gear 4, FF13, DMC4, Bioshock, Oblivion, Force unleashed, possibly KOTOR3, GTA4, RE5 and maybe SH5.

that's a solid line up already.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. If 360 gets MGS, it's all over.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

thought you said it sucked.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The age of the Third Party Exclustivity is now dead, and that's great for us gamers. Rejoice!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not for Sony.

An expensive machine with possibly nothing to offer.

Personally I never understood why makers of games like FF, RE, SH et al never went total cross platform, they are highly popular franchises.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

God forbid they lower the price to 450 or something.

i know, i know, they are losing money on them right now because of the expense of reproduction, but sony is a big company that can afford to lose money in the short-term and gain it back in the long-term with a superior product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar