More Hoge on Young stuff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Simply for these traditionalistic, pompus fools, I am so hoping for a Titans-Falcons Super Bowl... Some people keep spitting on Vick and VY cuz they're black and there's this absurd misconception that they cannot succeed in this league. I still lingers on. Baloney and we all know it. So come on Titans, come on Falcons, come on Eagles, (never gonna say come on Ravens...lol), shut all their pitiful rubbish filled mouths (Rush Limbaugh, this is especially for you useless piece of $%?%/)!!

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

This argument that Hoge made in that article is by far one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my 30 years of life. That he should have thrown the ball in OT? Young was looking at zero coverage and should have known to throw the ball according to Hoge. Hoge says that Young made the wrong decision and that was based on his inability to read coverages. Now I have only played quarterback at the high school level. We ran the option. Threw the ball maybe 5 times a game. I can tell you right now I can identify zero coverage I'm pretty sure anyone that has ever place a game of touch in the backyard can identify zero coverage. When Vince saw it he knew that it was one man per reciever that leaves no one to account for Young. He made the absolute right decision based on the coverage. Furthermore there was an unblocked blitzer... if Young doesn't take off I don't know if he gets the ball off. This article confirms that Hoge is absolutely hating on Young and I for one will not give him or ESPN another moment of my time. He is irrelevant.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

Those old "VY sucks" tirades are going to haunt Hoge for years. Every time he offers an opinion on a player, QB's in particular, somebody will break out that footage of Hoge's rants about how VY would never make it and how picking him would set the organization back 10 years...and suddenly, Hoge's evaluations are judged to be utterly devoid of merit.

I have no problem with people who questioned VY's ability to succeed....he doesn't conform to the "typical" NFL QB mold at all. But it's one thing to be skeptical; Hoge's rants have been something else entirely...it came across as vindictive and vitriolic.

I'm sure he was just trying to "take a stand" or whatever, but he really went overboard with the stuff....and I seriously believe his credibility will end up taking a big hit over it, and it could adversely affect his career down the line.

4. Now he's just trying to think about the minor things to try and keep his opinion fair, I mean, c'mon, every other analyst who were against Young, have admited they were wrong, why can't he?...

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

this mission hodge is on to hate on vince is getting old...

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I could give a crap about Hoge's opinion.

The minute he gives up hating on Vince he will cease to be funny......this stuff is great & I don't want it to end.:grrhee:

Seriously what has captain concussion really got going for him. This hater stuff is his really getting him noticed...he'll be bringing out a book before you know it.

Hoge's biography.....Why I Believe The Earth Is Flat

:))

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think the actual title has been updated to ...... "Why I STILL Believe the Earth is Flat"

Hodge is still a boob.

Childress is right though his continued lack of seeing basic talent has been amusing. It is apparent that allot of people have noticed it because he has to actually address the question on his show.

I would also like to hand out a baby ruth to Mr. Hodge. He is special!:thumb:

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

My fears is this: When Young has a bad game, which is inevitable, Hoge will be there smiling and saying "I told you so."

Did anyone else notice the comment he made in this article. He claims that Young's performance against Philadelphia was, and I quote: "That Philadelphia game might have been the poorest performance I have seen by a quarterback all year." Really? Worse than Rex Grossman going 6/19 for 34 yards with 0 TD's and 3 INT's against Minnesota in week 13? Or how about David Carr against the Raiders going 7 or 14 for 32 yards with 0 TD's? Are those games better than Young's 8 for 22 for 101 yards, with 1 TD and 0 INT's? Oh yeah, he also ran for 49 yards. Grossman ran for negative 9 yards in his sensational performance. Carr ran for 5 yards and fumbled the ball 3 times, losing it twice. I could cite plenty of other examples of QB's who have had worse games this year, but it is not worth the trouble. Hoge is showing his ignorance by holding on to this opinion. But what really bothers me about that comment, and others that he has made, is that some people will read that and assume that Young did have the "poorest" game by any quarterback this season. They won't take the time to look at the numbers and verify his allegations. He lies, exaggerates and is now backtracking somewhat to cover himself. Vince Young, while not perfect, is doing a fantastic job as a rookie QB, and by the time he is finished with his career, he will have ended Hoge's career due to his inability to man up.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You'll also notice that he's been appearing on-air less and less, lately. :suspect:

10. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

Merrill Hoge- The white RB that rushed for a total of 3139 yards his entire career. Never had more than 800 yards in one season. How the hell does he know how to read coverages?? He's played much less QB than Vince. So I'll go with Vince.

Does this clown have an email address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar