Monday Night Failure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, as some of you may know, the Panthers are my second team, though I don't follow them closely.
    Here in Hawaii, you can watch MNF twice. I walked in on the last 3 minutes of the game after finishing my day, and watched Delhomme attempt his game-winning drive....and I noticed that he was visibly high-strung, irritated and ocasionally downright pissed off. I was mumbling to the screen for him to calm down and don't screw up.
    Then he did...interception in the end zone. A terrible, overthrown lob to the corner that could hardly be called a pass. It was heartbreaking and painful to watch.

I went back to my hotel room and watched the final two quarters again, and I saw even more of Delhomme just getting downright lucky with some bad lobs into coverage. I then saw the the game-losing INT was only a couple of series behind his first tide-turning INT that put the Eagles back in the game.

The announcers confirmed my original thoughts: Delhomme was letting anger get in the way of his game... the madder he got, the worse he played. And according to the announcers, Delhomme acknowledged that in an interview....said he can't just go out and have fun any more, gets mad, and starts wrecking games.

I had jumped on the Delhomme bandwagon after his first game with the Panthers...I've mentioned several times how his leadership skills more than compensated for what skills he lacks. He made the team want to win again, just like VY is doing for us now.

So, what happened? Charlotte has always been a fair-weather fan base, and is now calling for JD's head, and from what I understand, has been for most of this season. Delhomme knows that his attitude leads to failure, and proved it again last night.

What do you do? How do you deal with JD, the rest of the team and the fans if you're John Fox? Would you really consider benching him for Weinke?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

He could have easily won that game. That was a total choke job imo.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So you're saying he'll be referred to as DelManning from now on, BP?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

hahaha... no, but that's a good one.

A score there instead of that pick would have been huge. I remember how stupid the interception looked. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Just stupid.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The panthers are my secondary team as well (college roommate was a huge fan), and it's been a disappointing season. I think they're going to pull it out, but Delhomme needs to calm down.

Sadly, the panthers are actually tied for second in my favor with the saints, since that's where I went to college. I sold beer at all their home games, and they're a team that's been through a lot, I hope they win the division this year and make it through at least one round of playoffs...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

The Falcons aren't going to do anything. Tampa sucks.
    The Panthers have two division games left to play.
    Falcons and Saints.

The Saints seem golden.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

What you didn't see is that in the first half of the game, he threw the exact same pass and Keyshawn caught it for a TD. This time Keyshawn broke the route off when he got bumped at the line, and didn't run the same pattern. A receiver can make a QB look really bad sometimes.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Both times it's a risky throw. If you make too many risky throws, you're going to get burned.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We discussed the "fade" in another thread, and why Fish doesn't call it. That was a pretty good example. It's not my favorite play, but some teams live off of it.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I agree with this entirely. I think at times Jake's lack of composure really hurts his ability to lead his team, but in this specific instance I think it's just a case of the corner pushing KJ off his anticipated route, which caused the int.

If I were the Panthers GM, I definitely would be taking a long hard look at drafting a QB in 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar