Monday Morning QB: Titans @ Jaguars Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

IMO, Vince gets some credit for our run game success, after the O-line and C.Brown of course. The jags were scared of Vince bootleg'n out, they were getting out of position on several C.Brown runs. That only happens because Vince is Vince.

Sure his passing was bad, but good for the Titans we didn't need a good day through the air. I think the Jags do rattle him for some reason.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

LOL. Looks like part of an old article was left in there.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I couldn't figure out what that meant.
    Then I saw it was another VY groupie emerging from the woodwork, and eh?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Last night against a less than awesome 49ers defense matt lienert averaged only 3.6 yards per pass. 3.6 yards per pass with those receivers!

14 QBs who started in week one posted passing ratings below 70. 3 of them didn't complete a pass over 20 yards. Vince did complete 1 pass over 20 yards the same number of 20+ completions as drew brees and brett favre.

Do i even dare try to compare vince's performance to mcnair's from last night? Vince's mentor looked horrible. A step back in mcnair's progress as a qB?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Two actually.

If the run game is as good as it was yesterday it will do just fine. Of course 292 yards won't happen even game, and neither will 76 yards passing.

Vince will be fine.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Of course the production that we got from Vince yesterday won't get it done every game! I don't think anyone would defend that. But does no one think that he'll improve? We don't need him to ever become an elite passing QB, we just need him to be a decent starter who is also a threat with his legs. I have faith that we'll see more of that out of him than what we saw sunday by the end of the season.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the running game means nothing if you can't punch it in from inside the 10 yd line. I don't care how much you run the ball up and down the field..you have to score TD's in the red zone. FG's are nice but it is a disappointment to only get 3 points after you ran the ball all the way down the field easily.

No doubt the Titans dominated the Jags in the running game but we still only beat them by 3 points. If the Jags FG kicker hadn't of come up lame that game has a good chance of being 13-13 and going into OT...yeah I know woulda,coulda,shoulda but one thing is for sure they have to score TD's in the red zone

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, the redzone is the place where we're really feeling the lack of production in the passing game. Everything is so compressed that the Jags were able to bring extra bodies to stuff the run without fearing the pass. And although I thought some of the plays Chow called were fantastic and creative, we pretty much just went vanilla inside the 10 and couldn't get it done. I'm all for not getting too fancy in the red zone and all day we were powering over them, but after a couple tries of that not working you'd like to see something new.

I'm also a big believer in going to your vets and playmakers in the red zone. I think Moulds and Scaife should have a set of packages designed to get them the ball inside the 10, and Vince should be encouraged to take off with the it often. I know he saw the wide open endzone that first time, but wanted to throw to Davis. We can't leave any points on the board next week. Prove you're a team player and a passer every other place on the field - just score yourself inside the 10.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

For us to move to the next level, we need to keep the running game going and keep plays good run D. If we get better against the pass and get VY passing for 300+ no low INTs, we will be a championship caliber team. Big test this week against the Dolts. Hey Indy, ever seen a horse with a dagger in its back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar