Monday Morning QB: Texans at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans fans amaze me sometimes.

Despite a win against the Texans who thumped the Jaguars last week (the same Jags team who took the Eggles to the woodshed yesterday), many fans are focused on statistics instead of the outcome.

"We didn't run the football. We gave up too many yards. Wah, wah, wah."

If disgruntled Titans fans wish to focus on the Texans 427 yards of total offense, 26 first downs and 5.7 yards per carry rushing, let's be sure to not forget the four sacks and six QB hurries on Texans QBs while Vince Young was on his backside only once.

If fans want to point to Texans QB Sage Rosenfels' 116.0 passer rating for the second half, allow me to point to turnovers where the Titans pulled themselves into the plus column for the first time this season by winning the turnover battle 5-0.

Stop the whining. Statistics are for losers.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001810.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Young - B
    RB's - C
    Oline - B-...good pass blocking...bad run blocking...
    TE/WR - D...quit dropping passes or giving up on passes (cough, drew, cough)...
    Dline - A-
    LB - bulluck/thornton get a C...sirmon gets a D...bad covering on their TE in pass coverage...
    DB's - B+....even when Hill was getting burnt, he was in good positions...AJ is just really good...
    special teams...A...pac was awesome...and hentrich punted better...
    coaching...A...anytime we win, coaching should get an A...

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our defense rated about a B eh?

I guess the standards for a titan defense have really nose dived over the years. I guess if we keep a team under 450 yards and 30 points that an accomplishment so good grades all around then? That was an awesome offense we faced.:suspect:

Our secondary sucked and it's lame to say we accomplished something because nobody got 100 yards. Is sage rosenfels an all time great QB now? Is that rookie TE an elite player? Lundy a sure fire hall of fame RB? A bunch of no names run up 427 yards on us but because they fumble bumble and have penalties that means we did something.

The coaching doesn't deserve an A because the defense played poorly and we left hill alone with andre johnson in the red zone.

How many of you are aware that after this game the titans went from 29th in total defense to dead last?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, his bust will be right next to your boy's damien nash.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

What a fitting quote for our D-coordinator...:moon2: :ha:

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

The defensive performance was pretty disappointing, but Sage Rosenfels was playing lights out by any standard. He was making throws on the money, even with guys right in his face. It was impressive. It is unlikely he can play like that every week, but he was legitimately good last sunday.

And Mawae, WTF was up with that snap?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They also forced FIVE turnovers, and put Carr on his *** 4 times or more. They also allowed only 22 points, which isn't great, but it was enough to win. Carr has actually had a decent season prior to that game. So yeah, I thought the defense was okay.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Forced" 5 turnovers?

I guess it is always a matter of perspective since some would ascertain that the texans just threw the game away with mistakes. If the titans had lost the way the texans did sunday i doubt we would be praising the texan defense for "forcing" 5 turnovers rather we would be angry that we gave the game away.

We do know for a fact that the inability to hold onto the ball was why kubiak benched carr. Carr had 8 fumbles coming into the game..

This season the houston offense has averaged 17 points with 297 yards per game. We gave up 22 points and 427 yards.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

prevent defense would have helped them out...but of course you were more happy with a Colts win then a Titans win.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roll, you act as if the ball just fell out of carr's hands. he was sacked and fumbled. those are created turnovers. laboy pressured carr on his int. that was created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar