Monday Morning QB: Cowboys at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: He isn't ready.

From the day he was drafted, Titans coach Jeff Fisher and GM Floyd Reese agreed that the best way to handle Vince Young was to use the Steve McNair method of bringing him along slowly and making sure he was ready before giving him the reins. Sometime last week, that all got thrown out the window.

"Things happen to so many of these young quarterbacks. They get thrown out there. They get hurt and confused, and they lose their confidence. When you’re done with the whole experiment, you end up with a shipwreck," Reese said just after Young was drafted. "We’re going to make sure that doesn’t happen with this kid."

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001769.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I disagree totally with the premise that Young wasn't ready. For over 3 quarters Young played fairly well and it wasn't until late in the game his QB rating took a dump. Steve McNair, was equally lousy for most of his game against a comparable defense. I guess Mac isn't ready either.
    Young will build on the postitives and minimize the negatives and be much improved. At some point Young had to get into a game and get initiated into the NFL. Watching Collins put up a 40 QB rating isn't going to make Young any more ready. It would just frustrate him and the fans as well.

Based on what the coaches have been saying Young has made tremendous strides so there is no reason to believe he will not continue to progress. This season is in the toilet anyway. Let's get our 3-13 out of the way now instead of waiting for next year.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree Collins would have been booed off the field.

One thing to compare that to is even Youngs 47 QBPasser rating is better than KFCs 42 QBPasser rating, so it is doubtful that KFC would have done as well as Young even.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

We couldn't have won with Brady, Palmer or anyone else yesterday so why not get VY the experience. I thought he played well for a rookie until we got so far behind they could really come after him. He will learn from this game that the throws he made in tight spots in college he can't make in the NFL and playing is the only way he learns. He made some great throws and made some bad throws but the more he plays now the better he will be next year and I'm not really worried about him losing coinfidence he will be a great player in this league. We saw the future when LenDale was in the game with him and it looked good.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think this guys assessment is rubish. This guy is looking for a scape goat and Vince, of all people, does not deserve it. Vince was fine when we had a back, namely White, who was keeping the chains moving and a marginal score to work with. Vince is a competitor and a smart lad, he'll work through it and rise above it. I won't expect much from him the next two weeks and I think the coaching staff is going to limit what he does in the air against both Indy and Washington. Bottom line, this writer is garbage....:rolleyes:

6. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

I think it's funny that you don't mention how you would've done with Peyton, because if he were on your team, you COULD have won that game.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

pretty accurate grading of the Titans play yesterday

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:bsflag:
    Dan Marino / Joe Montana couldn't have pulled out a win yesterday
    hard to keep up with 45 points

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I agree.

When the coach starts listening to 65,000 morons, said coach needs to be fired.

He should take Reese with him too.

If Volek had been dumped for a sixth rounder before the draft like he should have been, Collins would have this team at least at 2-2 and Young would be on schedule for a post bye-week start.

F'ed up from top to bottom.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

regardless of when Volek was to be traded, I view it as BIG mistake that we didn't bring KFC in at the begginning of camp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar