Monday Injury Report: Givens Lost for Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Solid FA pickup

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Just more bad news in an already bad season...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah...

[​IMG]

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

It is a good 2 years too early to call him a bust; however, we sure aren't recouping our investment nearly as quickly as we would like...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

to be truthful, his face is just superimposed on my body with darkened skin...:grrhee:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too early to call the guy a bust..

Way too early. He is signed through 2010 and can still play a lot of productive football for us but that type of injury is always concerning. I don't think it is his fault that he tore his knee and it's not reese's fault for not having the crystal ball ability to know that givens would tear up his knee.

Frustrating no question.

Givens, hope and thornton are very important to the future of this team. All mid career pros in their primes and all singed to long term deals. Thornton and givens through 2010 and hope through 2011. We need these guys if we are actually going to improve in 2007. I would rather cheer his rehab than call him a bust. Let's hope that he can be like brandon jones and make close to a full recovery.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and pray he changes that damn number.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Does anyone know/remember how much money Stallworth got to play for the eagles? or Lelie in the trade to Falcons? or Peerless Price to Buffalo?

Maybe none of these guys are great or ever going to be NFL WR studs. But, I wonder if we could have gotten one of them or someone else, cheaper, and less length in the contract.

I hope Givens is able to bounce back. But this is one of the things I don't like about Reese, big contract big risk to a WR that is far short of a guarantee to be a stud for TN.

Reese doesn't make smart draft picks or wise contract decisions with Free Agents. Hope we get a GM that can spend money smarter in the future.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Javon Walker tore his ACL LAST YEAR! He aint no bust.

Hopefully Givens will be back- but thus far- we haven't gotten 1/5 out of him for what we paid. I'm willing to write it off as bad luck.

Anybody know the long term cap effects Givens has on us?

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Givens makes Carl Pickens look like Brett Favre.

:injured:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar