modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Dude is like the go to cool deep voice over guy ... Captain Anderson, Sgt. Foley, the Arbiter off of Halo to name a few ...
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

As much as I want this, it's 3rd on my priority list since I just got Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank - A Crack in Time.
  3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He also played Julius in the first Saints Row. He's all over the place
  4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There are HUGE SPOILERS ahead for those who haven't finished the game.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend putting this game in the hands of a 13 year old - it depends on how you view his maturity I suppose. The language isn't too bad - I can't truly recall any of the big ones - no f-bombs. If it's there and I just don't notice, it isn't gratuitous. Most of the dialogue is issuing commands and locations.

EDIT: There actually is some bad language, and there are some f-bombs.

The only thing I'd be worried about is some pretty dark subject matter for a young teenager. There is a mission where you are an undercover operative in a terrorist group, and hundreds of innocent civilians are murdered in an airport. It is very slow paced and a bit disturbing - it's meant to be visceral and uncomfortable for adults. There is also a scene where you and squad mate are betrayed, shot, thrown into a hole, and burned alive. It's not graphic, but could be unsettling for a youngester. There is a fair amount of blood throughout the game, some knifing scenes that are quick but brutal.

It's your call, but think of it this way: Would you let your son see a fairly violent R rated action film with some moderately unsettling scenes? If you think he's mature enough, then I think it would be okay to let him play.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

the only thing that disappointed me is that body parts don't fly off like they did in world at war.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

7 million MW2 sold on the first day (apparently).
  7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

8. Gunny

What use is fully functioning night vision goggles? Unless you are a pervert.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

they are marketing to nerds....
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:grrhee:

Big's right, look at their market. Chances are good there are a few who will buy them and then wind up on CNN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.