Mock with an emphasis on need

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We would blitz more of we had someone like him. I think the new chuck cecil defense would welcome a player like that. I think we are going back to the 99-2000 type attacking defense we had under williams.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

That would be a complete change in philosophy. Back then we wanted man to man cover cb's...now we have zone cb's. Harper is too slow to switch to predominant man to man D with a lot of blitzing. It is SAFER to have 4 dominant players up front and good zone coverage behind it...which we had last year.

I think if we draft Matthews, you'd see him excel as a special teams demon and get some situational pass rush out of him on 3rd down (though he'd have to take snaps away from KVB, Ford or Hayes) and basically wait 2 years before he might become a starter at OLB.

If that's what you want with your 1st rnd pick...your call. That is NOT what I would prefer.

Gut

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF you have to argue with everything? We have 3 pro bowl caliber starters in our secondary! Finnegan a zone corner? LT and reynaldo are not out there any more either.

Besides if you blitz effectively they won't have to cover for as long a time. The 85 bears had 2 very average CBs in frazier and richardson. Teams tried to exploit them but the recivers did not have time to run their routes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar