Mock draft poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Dec 9, 2005.

?

All are available, whom do you take?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2005.
  1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC, Jr

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Vince Young, QB, Texas, Jr

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Matt Leinart, QB, USC

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio St.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of the above, I would take..................

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

1.Bush
    2.Leinart
    3.Ferguson
    4.Hawk
    5.Young

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm still not convinced if Bush will translate his success at USC to the NFL. Same with Leinhart. I think he'll be a good player, but I don't see him being some sort of magical fix to any of our problems. The things that concern me are 1) the blocking he recieves at USC, he's not going to get here 2) his size doesn't impress me one bit, and he just simpily doesn't look like a player who can withstand the rigours of 25 carries a game, for 16 games.

That said, if the Titans took him, I would be satisfyed, because I do think that he has special ability in almost every aspect of his game.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

but if Bush comes here he wont be a 25 carry type. We will still have Brown or Henry to share/take some carries.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I can't entertain having the #1 pick...my spirit is not that broken...yet.
    However, at this point, the most likely one that they would take would be Young. That's just because the others will be gone. Don't worry. I did not vote in the poll. I do think Young is the type of player they would like.

5. jdee

jdee Guest

IF we had the #1 pick, I'd take Bush. You just can't pass up on him. I think we'll end up being #4 - #7. In that case, I think we take Hawk if he's available, or the best offensive lineman available. I would certainly entertain trading down and getting two late first rounders.

jDee

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

IF we pick 4-7 and leinart, bush, ferguson are gone and we can't convince SD to trade us Rivers then I think Reese will be begging teams to trade down. If Mario Williams shows elite DE quickness then he might be the pick or possibly Hawk, but Reese won't be happy if that happens.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldnt mind trading down for an extra few picks. But only if Bush, Leinart, Ferguson are gone.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bush in the nfl...

Gunny is right in saying that bush would not carry the ball 20+ times a game. At least early on. Coaches need to make a decision on how they will use him before they draft him. If he is the primary receiver out of the backfield and is returning punts and kicks he can't be expected to carry the ball more than 15 times. In the nfl top backs don't return punts and kicks.

There are comparisons of bush to gayle sayers and barry sanders. The guy that most comes to mind for me is marshall faulk. That's the kind of back i would want this guy to be. I wouldn't draft a guy #1 to be a special team guy. If you don't think he can be a top back from scrimmage sans the return game then don't draft him that high.

Maybe his first year he can do returns as he proves his durability as a runner. Walter payton returned kicks his rookie year. But once this guy shows that he is a big time everydown back the return game will have to be left to someone else. No pro bowl caliber runningback does regular kick returning duties in the nfl today.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Draft a QB this year and Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech WR) next year. That should give our offense a boost in 2007 and beyond.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Calvin Johnson next year? YES PLEASE! :applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar