MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm not to worried about it. And you forgot Andy Pettitte. I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't want Lee but he's not necessary. We've gone to long without developing young pitching. I'd like to see Hughes take the next step, Nova learn to become a better starter and maybe call up a guy like Brackman during the season to see how he does. It's been a long time coming and quite frankly we don't need Lee to win a world series. But if we miss the playoffs so be it, we have too many borderline pro ready players we need to develop and if that costs us a season in the playoffs, oh well.

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

He's not even sure if he's coming back though

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

He'll be back now that he knows he's going to get paid more.

I'm loving how y the Philly fans are being right now, they act like they won the world series (something their big 3 additions have never done). Meanwhile this whole off season everyone's going to say how the Phillies pitching staff is the greatest ever assembled. And meanwhile the Giants beat that pitching staff and Cliff Lee last year. How rare is it that the defending champs of any sport are going to go into the next season with a giant chip on their shoulder?

5. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Eddy, I like you cuz ur my Ohio boy and all but...

[​IMG]

Yankees suck. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees suck!
    ~ In my best John Sterling voice

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well that's real original. Teams that win the world series don't really suck. Just a thought.

7. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Yeah, one championship in ten years.

The Yankees are not a team, they are an annual collection of overpaid egos that's assembled to coexist together.

[​IMG]

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea 1 championship in 10 years, but I'll tell ya, I've been a NYY fan all my life, and I've experienced more success in that amount of time than I'm sure I'll ever experience with my 3 other pro teams combined.

And don't kid yourself, baseball is an individual sport mascarding as a team sport. The Oakland A's won championships yet hated each other.

And BTW, Cliff Lee is now LeBron James. Couldn't handle NY pressure, couldn't handle pressure of being Texas' ace so he's hidden in the Phillies rotation where if he sucks, it's not gonna be noticed as much. Cliff Lee, more like Cliff Pippen, or Cliff James. Oh well, I'm sure he'll get a sidekick like nickname that will properly demean him.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

:facepalm:

Excuse me sir, but I believe your grapes are sour.

And Lol at him being afraid of pressure - Philly has one of the most ruthless fanbases in America.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't have sour grapes, I just enjoy making fun of people and I've made fun of Philly long before they signed Lee. I hate the Phillies and their fans.

And "LOL" at you not seeing that he's AVOIDING pressure. In Texas he's the ace, in NY he's a co ace in the biggest market in America. In Philly he's Robin and if Robin screws up, there's 2 other Robins to help him out. He turns down what 40 more million dollars to not play in NY? What kind of idiot turns down that kind of money? The kind of idiot who can't handle pressure, guys like Lee.... guys like LeBron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar