MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was talking about this year.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's a stupid assertion. We ran into the hottest bat in baseball (aside from maybe Cody Ross...that kid is going bananas in San Fran) and the best pitcher in postseason baseball history. The Texas Rangers have all the pieces right now, and they just beat us up. No doubt about it. That's not to say we're 'built for the first round', we just lost to one of the two other teams on our level. I can deal with that. Their pitchers shut down our lineup, and our pitchers got hit all over the place by their lineup. They played better baseball, they won. One swing of the bat can change the entire complexion of a playoff series, and we couldn't get that big moment. They got it time and time again. Cliff Lee murdered us. Josh Hamilton is a madman. Their entire 1-6 is as good as a 6 man stretch as any team in baseball has to offer. Again, my hat is off to The Rangers. We'll see them next year.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So THIS year the Yankees are built for the first round unlike last year when we were built for the world series. I didn't know that replacing Damon and Matsui with Granderson and Berkman changed how our team was built for the post season. More nonsense from Deuce. When are you going to stop talking baseball? You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! This wasn't about what NY did or didn't do, they were a world series caliber team. Problem was so it Texas, and even more so. When you're 2 games from the world series you're not "built for the first round." Now deuce will you please stop talking baseball, you're killing yourself.

4. Deuce Wayne

I'm not killing myself. I took something silly that you said about another team- used it against the Yankees, and now you think it's wrong. It is- but it's YOUR statement. lol

5. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

I appreciate the candor, but this was more than Hamilton and Lee, although they were significant contributors. Lee pitched only 1 game in the series, even if it was the performance of a lifetime. I could easily argue in favor of Cruz, Andrus, or Colby lewis being the MVPs. Good pitching always beats good hitting. The Yankees were very lucky not to have been swept. The two games they did win required huge defensive meltdowns by the Rangers. Honestly, I am not trying to talk smack, but I expected this to be more of a challenge.

I was very impressed by Cano. He is ridiculous. Clearly your best hitter, and its not even close.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree. Hence me saying their lineups 1-6 is the best in baseball.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What the hell are you even talking about?

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wow Giants just crushed the Rangers. 4.2 IP and 7 ER for the great Cliff Lee, who knew?

9. Deuce Wayne

It's sad that you can't even see what I did and I need to explain it to you.

You said something baseless like "Rays are built for the regular season". Therefore I said something just as ridiculous using the Yankees. You went on to try to argue. I was merely mocking you. Which in the end, basically makes you create an argument with yourself due to you falling in to it without realizing my intention.

Anyway...

has anyone watched a game of this world series? I'm not even seeing highlights on sportscenter.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Giants pitchers = the best in the league for '10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar