MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Figured I'd post some thoughts/predictions here. These were my pre playoff picks for the first round: Phillies, Giants, Rangers, Yankees.

Glad to see Tampa got dominated in front of their 41 fans. I knew that team was phony. Some teams are just built for the regular season.

I was rooting for the Reds but I had a feeling they wouldn't do well against Philly and so far it doesn't look like they belong on the same field as them.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well that just happened. Halladay just destroyed the Reds. Go back to the kids table Reds you're not ready to play with the big boys right now.

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Doc is hands down the best pitcher in the league, he does that to every team, you should know that as a Yankee fan, he did it to all teams in the AL East for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh he's without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball. Maybe not #1 every year, but in the top 5 every year and how many guys can say that? Hell, even when Roy had off games it was still only like 6.2 IP with 5 ER. That was considering "roughing him up" and that's not overly horrible. With Toronto being as good as they were this year, makes me wonder what would have happened had they kept him. You never know.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well it wasn't pretty but in the end NY is up 1-0 with a road win against a very good pitcher. Can't complain. Just hoping Pettitte is up to pitching tomorrow. He's been decent since coming of the injury so hopefully the rust is off. As much as I'd love to beat down that cripple Pavano he's actually done well against us since he left NY... figures.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would argue that Oswalt might even be better. Next to Pedro, he's won more games started than anyone in a long long time. The Phillies are loaded.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've never been a big fan of Oswalt. I guess I don't see him much since I don't watch Astro games but to me he's like a great #2 but average #1.

Meanwhile the Rays suck. Get the hell out of the playoffs, you clearly don't belong. Time to check out the REAL best AL East team in action. F the Rays, go home you losers.

"Big Game" (lol least deserved nickname ever) James Shields says the Rays are the team to beat, well Texas seems to be doing a good job of doing that.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Halladay vs. Lincecum... baseball gods... please make it happen. PLEASE! Sorry Reds/Braves but please lose.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Everyone's writing the Rays off a bit early. This is baseball... never know.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have been interested in the Rangers because of Nolan Ryan's policy to let the starters go deep into the game, and suddenly the Rangers are good. Think it's interesting that he was able to turn them around with an old school pitching style. Me like. Take down the Yankees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar