MLB Baseball 09 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I know. That's the problem. I don't see anyone sitting on the bench or in the minors that could replace Chip's production adaquately should he go down. But you never know. Jordan Schaffer has been a big surprise thus far, I had no idea he was going to be this good this early. Francoeur is looking much better than he did last year and at 25 years old he still has a chance to become a superstar.

As for Hanson, I think you'll see him sooner rather than later. With Glavine leaving his minor league rehab start with "discomfort", it's just a matter of time before Hanson is plugged into the fifth spot instead of Tommy.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Lohse had one too.

Josh Johnson missed one by an out & Bedard made it 8.1 with a shutout. Yesterday was a hell of a day for pitchers.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I hope so, but everything I've seen points towards them moving Campillo back into the 5th spot while Glavine's out. Makes sense to leave Hanson down I guess, but the kid can only dominate AAA hitters for so long.

4. UKtitansFAN03

UKtitansFAN03 "Hey Creeper."

Kyle Lohse has a complete game shutout?

5. BigRed3

Jorge Campillo is a bum. I'd rather see JoJo Reyes than Campillo.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yeah. Did it to the Astros yesterday.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My Astros have got to be the worst team in baseball.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Ha, that may be true. May be even worse than the Nats. And what's even sadder is that their future has absolutely no bright spots other than Pence & maybe Wandy. They need to win in the next couple of years so the long hard road out of the pits is a bit easier to swallow.

Oswalt, Berkman, & Lee are all on the down-side of their careers with no clear studs in the farm system. At least the Nats have Jordan Zimmermann & probably Stephen Strasburg to build their rotation on.

9. BigRed3

The Indians aren't that far away from the basement either

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wang has looked all out of whack in his first two starts. I guess not pitching since June will do that. I'd send him to the minors for a few starts to get his mechanics in order. Other than that I can't complain thus far. Swisher has been amazing thus far and has helped supplement the offense without A Rod, Swisher is like our new Mr. April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar