MLB Baseball 09 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

And your point? Cliff Lee and Brandon Webb got equally destroyed. I fully expect CC to get off to a slow start much like last year, come May he'll be fine.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

:ha:

Johan was about the only top-dog that didn't get rocked yesterday.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The Yankees are going to be interesting. Obviously on paper they should be one of, if not the best team in baseball. But with Burnett and Wang both having a history of injuries, and Joba coming off an injury, their pitching staff is going to be a wait and see how good they are. Nobody at this point knows if that staff is going to be great, or a complete bust. Not to mention Sabathia's arm is bound to fall off at some point, but I think it will be a couple of years before the injuries start mounting up with him.

I would also venture to guess that A-Rod is going to have a down year. He is going to have a lot of focus on him, and he doesnt seem to handle pressure very well. I think the Red Sox win the east, and the Yankees and Rays have a tight race for the wild card.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I think A-Rod absolutely mashes this year. He's got a lot to prove, and has Tex behind him. I bet he still makes it to 40/115.

I got him in the 4th round of my draft...people are dumb.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think he has a down year. He cannot handle pressure and scrutiny, and he is going to get that this year more than he ever has before. I would say a 25/85 .275 type year.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Actually A Rod hits best when there's all kinds of controversy around him so he DOES hit well with scrutiny. He didn't last year but he normally is a good clutch hitter in the regular season so you may want to recheck your facts.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He is terrible in the playoffs, which is where he has gotten most of the criticisms and has most of the pressure. So, not sure what you are basing your information on. He isnt a clutch player. Being clutch for the Yankees means being clutch in the playoffs, not in May, and he most certainly isnt clutch. Secondly, he had a pretty rough off season, got injured in spring training, and has basically not been in any type of spotlight since the very beginning of spring training. The New York media is going to eat him alive when he gets back about steroids, Madonna, divorce, prostitutes, his cousin, etc etc. Not being in Florida for spring training means he wasnt around to really deal with most of this, which means he is going to have to when gets back. I dont think he is going to be able to handle it, and I think it is going to reflect in his performance.

Plus, when you put on top of that, that he is missing the first month of the season and didnt get the month worth a spring training, then I dont think it is unreasonable to assume that he is going to be rusty when he gets back and behind schedule, which would lower his season production.

8. UKtitansFAN03

UKtitansFAN03 "Hey Creeper."

I really hope the Reds can do something to prove themselves this year. Though yesterday revealed alot...

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

He has a chip on his shoulder and major protection in Tex. He's going to hit, and hit a lot. I don't think the pressure will really effect him as he's dealt with all kinds of scrutiny since putting on the pinstripes. When he's focused, there's no better player in the game. See 2007.

October is a different story though.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

They got worked by Johan. What do you expect?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar