MLB Baseball 09 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'd take a pitch for free, but considering he's throws 98, it would take a little cash for me to get beaned. Not really into the pain-for-pleasure thing.

2. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Does anyone even care anymore, it's at the point where it shouldn't surprise anyone when a power hitter is found positive for these things. Papi and Pujols probably have too. Just another reason to not bother watching MLB.
    ________
    HELP LOVE

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

At least it isn't steroids.

5. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I know you weren't being serious... thus my "i know your just joking" comment. I was just rambling to pass the time. If I'd have thought you were serious my answer would have been short and to the point along the lines of "you're an idiot"

As far as the plane crash.... far higher than that. It's like football's Madden curse... only worse. At this point in time the number falls somewhere in the 50's. You only hear about the big ones though.

No I don't think he is juicing... but how many of players start out great and use roids to decrease the impact of age/time? Baseball is a lot harder on the body than most other sports, season length and all that jazz. If you honestly thing "roids" and other enhancers aren't going to be a future issue your kidding yourself. As technology improves so will humanities ability to cheat. Years ago it was the spitter, now we have the chemical knowledge to create "super" players. We will be fighting this one forever.

Again, I'm not saying he sucks or that he is doomed to fail... I was just trying to entertain myself at work. The kid has some amazing abilites. I'm very much looking forward to see what he can do in the future. It will be interesting to see where he lands after a time.

I'm not suprised Manny was found positive. But I really don't hold it against the guys anymore. The league screwed themselves years ago by brushing the use under the rug and ignoring the growing problem. They enjoyed the increase in sales and weren't going to look into any rumors. I'm happy about the cleanup for many reasons. The safety and health of players being a major one. I do not, however, plan on being shocked and scandalized into finding another sport worth watching. It is what it is.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm going to bump this thread and say that NY has won 10 of 11 and Joe Nathan and Brad Lidge, two of the best closers in baseball cannot stop us.

That is all.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The Braves also swept the then AL East-leading Blue Jays. You're Welcome Red Sox and Yankees.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Thanks, that does help but to be fair the Blue Jays were going to falter at some point. They were frauds.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

True. But it's always good to sweep a division leader. We'll take anything we can get at this point.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

I'm heading down to freakville this weekend to watch the Red Sox dismantle Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & the Atlanta Braves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar