Mitchell's Report on roids in MLB

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone care anymore?

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Not really. Its kind of interesting I suppose, but the report is so inadequate anyway. It was based on the words of one clubhouse attendent, one trainer, and then BALCO. There have to be tons of other trainers who they have dealt with roids, but for some reason werent interviewed.

It does put Clemens in the Bonds category though, his career is now completely tainted. Something else interesting, is that Canseco was saying A-Rod should have been on there and he was surprised he wasnt. And Canseco has been right about everyone up to this point, so kind of have to question A-Rod's #s now, to at least some degree.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Baseball sucks! :yes:

Might as well say everyone in the MLB has been using roids for years. Pathetic. How corrupt did the union have to be to allow this.

I'd like to see something insanely stupid happen, like all the AAA farm players over the last 15 years sue the MLB for all it's earnings over those years, since these "law-abiding" legal players weren't allowed a fair chance to make a living in this part of the sports entertainment industry.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This just in...coffee is a "performance enhancing drug."

I don't get why this ever became an issue. If everyone has the same access to these substances, then the playing field is level.

If the idea that taking substances is just wrong, then we should ban caffine, and all healing medicines as well.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It is a banned substance and the playing field was not level since there were likely a few who didn't have the desire to break the rules.

So caffine and steriods each give players the same boost in performance?

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Seattle usually has a pretty good baseball team year in and year out...:grrhee: (so I would say definitely YES)

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Anabolic steroids are controlled substances. It is illegal to distribute, or use without a prescription. So its not just a matter of them being banned in sports, its also against federal law, unless of course they have a prescription. And it isnt fair to clean players that they should either have to fall behind, or ruin their bodies and health, because other guys cant play the game naturally.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I believe in 25 years or less steroids will be an approved substance. And all of this will be forgotten. But as for right now, it was indeed a competitive advantage and unhealthy, so these players should suffer the penalties that will come with using, and that includes clemens and bonds missing out on the HOF. And maybe in 25 years, they will reconsider the vote.

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Its a shame such great players cheated, you can say its all hearsay, but seriously theres just too much around it
    700 witnesses
    1800 paper documents
    1200 digital documents
    All evidence, and the worst part is that with 86 players cited, they hit the tip of the iceberg, and alot of guys are gonna get away with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar