Missing pieces of the puzzle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Last year isn't this year.

Totally different.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Following Reese's usual strategy, I think we should draft 4 defensive ends.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That was on a play where we rushed 3 and dropped 8.....which I am really not a fan of. You cannot blitz a mobile QB, he will eat you alive if you don't get to him. Even Peyton can do it, and he certainly isn't that mobile. Gerrard is not the average QB, but the trend in the NFL is going to bigger, stronger more mobile QB's, so schemes will be changing. Gerrard had not proven he could beat anyone with his arm yet, so overall our strategy worked, as we picked him twice. It may have been ugly at times, but I think Fisher realized that given enough chances, he would make mistakes.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

1. A new Defensive Coordinator! Swartz sucks!

2. A new D End! Our Pass Rush is a joke!

3. A new Middle Linebacker! I want the old titans run D back. And with our new D Coordinator we wont be running nickle D as much

4. A standout WR

5. A hole clogging hell raising DT..... no more running it down our throats!

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

you can always go with Adalius thomas in FA for LB, but def our offense, our third down % is terrible and the offense cant convert to 1st downs maybe fix that and the defense wont be so tired

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we're a pretty bad 3rd down team all around. i think we're 28th on offense and 23rd on defense.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm kind of fascinated with Thomas. Heck (heck), you could put him at DE, MLB, OLB when we give 3-4 looks, which we'll surely do against the Colts. I like that he can drop into coverage with RBs and TEs. Lots of possibilities with a player like him. I'd call him "The Swiss Army."

I think he could be a "valuable player," and I like the notion of adding more playmakers to our team. He would add to our line rotation as well as allow Tulloch the opportunity to be on the field, but let us upgrade him in certain packages and situations. Thomas would be able to get off blocks easier than Tulloch (has 30 lbs on him). And I think he's slipping through the Ravens' talons after this season.

I like the notion of Gonzalez also, the more I consider it. Troupe is not ready to assume the mantle of #1 TE and neither is Scaife. Problem is - they all lean toward being pass-catching TEs, but Kinney is done. Maybe one or two of Casey Cramer, Ben Hartsock and Cooper Wallace stick, but they're not really playmakers. Gonzalez could make our current WRs seem "shinier." He would draw a lot of attention.

8. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

So how about this for a Front 7 on Defense

KVB Haynesworth Okoye Thomas

Thornton Tulloch Bulluck

Thats seems real stout to me or we could change it up on them

or how about this for our lil 4-4 on Defense

KVB Haynesworth Okoye LaBoy

Thornton Tulloch Thomas Bulluck

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I would love for us to get Anthony Gonzalez from Ohio State. I've heard him compared to DMase and honestly...I think we could use someone like him again. Another guy I like is Johnnie Lee Higgins. This guy looks like another Steve Smith. I also agree with the majority about addressing the defensive line. I'm really tired of hearing about quaterbacks, i.e. Manning, having so much time to throw. However, things look good for us and I'm extremely happy about next year.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Okoye may slip into the end of the first, but I wouldn't mind that. Thomas could be hard to get, but another alternative is Justin Smith. I think he's very underrated much like KvB and could do pretty well here with Washburn. He would also be cheaper than Thomas in all likelyhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar