Missing Persons: Jared Cook...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like him because he's a bad@ss. Detrimental or not.

Stevens averages 20ypc because no one even bothers to cover him.

Once he does actually catch it- from anywhere on the field, they can just catch up to him and tackle him before he gets anywhere.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey I've said Stevens was a waste of a draft pick from the beginning. There are plenty of middle of the road blocking TEs that are free agents that wouldn't cost us a 3rd rounder.

But I don't expect anymore from the forum's most paranoid egomaniac then lumping everyone in a group in your personal crusade to keep this forum alive.

Since you dislike Titans fans, feel free to switch all of your allegiance to Detroit and start posting there. I hear their forum may be shut down from lack of participation...

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Stevens was a waste of a third round pick and cook it appears is a total bust. I did not see cook on the field much. Although he was wide open in the third quarter for what would have been ( if he doesnt drop it. no give me) touchdown, but locker didnt see him. Still on the second to the last play, I would drather throw the slant to cook than Mariani, because of the size and physical part of it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't say I "dislike titans fans" (there you go AGAIN)... I just think they're the most fickle and oddly inconsistently loyal with players.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Cook has made several great plays for us this season. He is also improving every year.

He is a middle of the pack TE. Nothing special, not horrible.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Cook = Ghost...Lets Discuss:

QB Matt:
    He has been our starter for most of the year, and he dosnt look to TE's that often. Nor does he look to the RBs either, he likes to throw it to WRs which i have no problem with, b/c thats something we have actually lacked over the yrs (VY/Kerry years). Still though, you gotta use them. I don't know matts history (i.e. his passing preferences as a Seahawk), but from what ive seen, he tends to shy away from them (TEs and RBs).

Play Calling - Play Design:
    This refers to OC Palmer. I don't like the routes he's got Cook running. More often than not, when i see cook, he runs curls. WTF is that, he should be streaking somewhere between the first/second level. Now, maybe i am wrong, and correct me if so, but i really feel thats a big part of it.

Confidence:
    I just don't see it. If you feel like ur never getting the ball, then your not gonna have a good rapport with your QB, then your confidence is gonna swindle down, along with reception/yards/tds.

Indy:
    I expect Locker to start, which is something i will be interested in for other reasons. But as it pertains to this thread, I expect his 'hot read' to be Cook, especially when the play breaks down. i hope they go over some things to get those two in sync. A play action, bootleg pass to a streaking Cook across the middle, BIG PLAY. Bank it!

TE Troupe:
    this is more of a bonus, but he seemed to always step up at the end of the season (more specifically, the last three games). lets c if thats the case with cook as well. (Note: this is put here for nothing more than humor. ohh yeh Troupe was a bust dont get me wrong and i hope this is the last comparison i make between the 2). I thought physical ability would be the only comparison between the two, however, more and more that word is becoming 'ineffective'.

Say what you want about Stevens, b/c i just dont get it. i remember Stevens came in for Cook, and the very next play had a nice reception for 30+ yards i think. My blood was boiling...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I think the one difference I have seen between the two and catching the ball, any type of contact by the defender, and Cook won't catch it.

8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yet you make fun of anyone that supports CJ

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

DW ONLY HATES THE FAKE TITAN FANS!

Just like cj2k

10. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Are you and Deuce in some kind of relationship or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar