Missed Opportunities (Players)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

As do I. He's still playing at a high level and for one of the top defenses in the NFL. Sucks his talent couldn't have paid dividends for us.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hes an idiot

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As much as I didn't like the Lewan pick I think he is going to be a good player. I wouldn't have even minded the pick so much had we not take another OL last year at 10.

4. VOLS_and_TITANS

VOLS_and_TITANS Starter

This is why were so bad of a team....talking about 1st roud and 2nd round picks,starting with the drafting of Pac man Jones,vince young,lendale white,Kenny Britt,cris Henry,Jared cook,derrick Morgan,akeem Ayers,Jake locker(if he doesn't do it this year)Michael Griffin is ok but average....only reason I put these names here is because there all 1st or 2nd round picks,which are very important in building a franchise....if there's any other 1st or 2nd rounder i forgot then post there names....when Floyd Reece was here we drafted great....

5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Websters record makes Reese and Reinfeld look like geniuses. Can you post the 1st-3rd round picks during the Reese tenure specifically. I'd like to look at that as memory serves that Fish and Reese were like Burke and Hare - they only dealt in stiffs.

6. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Jury is out on Lewan , my pants are still in a knot over that pick. We have picked some garbage over the recent years hence scouting and GM changes need to be made.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This thread always comes up, and every year when it does I get mad at the thought of what could have been. I know personally my last few mock drafts would have had this team heading in an entirely different direction. But Webster knows best right.....

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I do remember early in their careers Dez and Britt were basically the same guy - huge potential just a bone-head ... Dez figured it out and Britt never will

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

In just his second year he was ranked by many websites (SI and a couple others) as the other All-Pro CB (beside the steady Champ Baily). That is a huge accomplishment....

He also would have BROKEN Devon's TD mark had 3 of his returns not been called back for stupid penalties... Moreover, I also don't think he even handled all the return duties that year (or something like that).

I was so convinced, I bought his jersey midway through his 2nd year... Then **** hit the fan and he was suspended and we all know what happened.

The guy was a STUD on the field, but his stupidity ruined his development and we lost him..... Are you kidding? All-pro in just his second year, not to mention a crazy good returner, he coulda been huge for us...

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hindsight is 20/20. That said, we do flush a lot of 1st round picks down the toilet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar