Mike Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Whoa lets not go there. OK sure Carroll won his first playoff game as home underdogs but Fisher lost his last home playoff game as the favorites against a rookie QB. So to say Carroll >>> Fisher I have t disagree. It's more Carroll >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fisher

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jason Babin, KVB, Dave Ball, Tony Brown. Quite a few offensive linemen throughout the years.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

He wanted Pacman Jones because he could, "control him." He couldn't work with Young. He allowed us to draft Chris Henry (seriously if I'm the coach and I heard we were drafting him I'd threaten to quit on the spot if we did), and how about Britt being in Fisher's dog house. Another good player riding our bench.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Chris Henry was the most mad Ive ever been about a draft pick. Steve Smith should have been the pick there. We needed WR badly. I was pretty ticked we took VY over Cutler too, but I knew Bud would want VY so that one didn't bother me as bad. Henry was one of the worst draft picks we have ever had.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yep I wanted Smith to. But were his combine numbers impressive!!!1!!11!!!?

Honestly if I heard, "Jeff, were gonna take Chris Henry with this pick." I would respond with, "You take him and I'm quitting because that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in any context. The guy sucked in college, why would he be good now?" Pretty basic common sense.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Awwwww man.... :p

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Too easy,,,,,It's all about the Fisher mythical/magical USC connection pipeline.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Several teams cut Mike williams before we got him. The Raiders released him in the middle of a season.

If Fisher is dumb for cutting Williams is he a genius for coaching up Jason Babin? Some guys rwach a point where they need to produce or do something else and for both players that was the case.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Babbin stinks. Hes a 1 trick pony. Need DEs with discipline enough to not only go after the QB but with some attention being paid to securing their side and watching for the screen.
    All Babbin did all year was go bawls to the wall after the QB and the D suffered for it. Heck look at the Miami game at the end of the 3Q the DEs god suckered on the Wildcat TWICE on consecutive plays when the Titans knew they were running cause they were out of QBs

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea because the Raiders and Lions are two good teams to look at who clearly know how to manage talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar