Mike Williams, is this right?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Tennessean, March 28, "Fisher wanted WR Mike Williams at <u>250 pounds</u> by today. Earlier this week, the former first round pick was four pounds short of the 20 he'd been told to lose".
    Mike Williams weighed in at 270 pounds! A reciever! That's a load. Sounds more like a TE. I found a stat sheet showing Crumpler at 264. If this guy gets a head of steam going with a marquee tackler like Reynaldo Hill, things could get ugly.
    I remember years ago, a team visiting our turf lined a TE wide against Rolle. He made Rolle look like an idiot. The first catch he made, he ran Rolle over and just kept running. Looked like a Clydesdale horse trotting down the field. The best Rolle could do was TRY to slow him down until reinforcements arrived.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldo would wear him like a glove.

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

The fat Bast**rd

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What was his playing weight in college?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i seem to remember Jeff commenting that Mike had made his weight (roughly), so I'm not sure it's an issue.
    I too have thought that he may be a candidate or a TE Experiment, however, signing Crumpler and Blakley and bringing in University of Missouri TE Martin Rucker for a workout, I'm not sure TE is in Mike's future

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Mike playing QB
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-DQHML9fk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-DQHML9fk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Mike Williams and LenDale White should do an endorsement for Demos' Steak & Spaghetti House. It just seems so right. :ha:

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He was listed around 230 in college and at the combine/pro day. Seems to reason they would try to get him back down to that weight. Of course they'll probably expect him to lose more weight as the offseason goes on, but how much? I still can't have high hopes for him.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

for real man. I'm glad someone else has high hopes for Williams. I'm really hoping he pans out. In my heart of hearts I don't think he will make the final roster out of training camp, but we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar