Mike Williams is Making the Most of "Last Chance"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jarrett had back to back 1000 yard seasons his last 2 years there with 26 td passes.

Colbert had back to back thousand yard seasons in his last 2 years.

Facts..

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

In his freshman and sophmore seasons, MW had 2600 yards recieving and 30 TDs.

Facts..

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What if CJ gives us 600 yards of offense with a 4.5 ypc next year? Will rolltide have to eat crow?

Chris brown gave us 592 yards last year from scimmage with a 4.5 ypc. Will CJ even be as good as brownie? $1.5M a year would have kept chris brown here.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There you go again showing the inability to think clearly.
    CJ isn't coming in to replace Chris Brown and I'm not even going to waste my time explaining the difference.

What I will say is CJ was OUR 1st round pick. Not the 1st round pick of the Texans, Jags or Colts. For that reason I'd much rather error on the side of optimism than start out with the Mr. Darkness projection mentality. Also, OUR scouts, coaches and GM decided this is the guy who can help our offense the most of all the players available when we drafted so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll be in line like everyone else if this doesn't work out but for now I'd rather open the blinds and let a little light into the room instead of sitting in darkness waiting for the worst. Besides, how this kid works out means quite a bit to the success of the team I happen to like the most and I'm certainly not going to start off the year feeling defeated when we haven't even started TC yet.

Oh, and RT will eat crow.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As most know, I was totally against drafting a RB on the first day. But now that it's happened, I'm hoping CJ ends up the ROY despite my concerns.

After some comments at the OTAs, I'm thinking Dinger is going to use him plenty split out wide.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

multi-purpose back and play-maker. Consistent w/ what was said before draft.

I think the CJ pick was the best one of our draft. I don't think he would have been there in round 2 to get unless we traded up.

As far as Williams is concerned- what is the big deal? He is a cheap source of competition with good potential. Why not take a TC flier to see if his skills pan out? IMO- just as likely to pay off as keeping somebody like Chris Davis or Paul Williams through camp.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I started this reply yesterday, then sat around, accidentally deleted it, and was too lazy to start over.

I was just playing on your screen name. The comment was aimed largely at other posters, and I used your name because the play on words just occurred to me as I was typing the thought. It was a scattershot comment. You weren't the target. Negative at times, sure. Childish? Not in my estimation. Sorry for the fallout.

Good analysis or not, the point stands, that all the guys, EXCEPT Gage, hence the ommission, have issues they'll have to overcome by camp. Maybe you don't want to put yourself out there hoping the guy succeeds when the magic 8 ball says something like "All signs point to ... not" or "Ask again later." I just think, and maybe some of you negative guys regarding MW do deep down, that he has the potential to be a starting WR on this team, or at least contributor. I feel like with lots of hard work and effort, things may start to break his way.

I think if MW makes it, or any of the WRs this year, it won't be because a coach has warm fuzzies for them -- that instead they would have actually earned it.

I agree, I've only noticed stuff about Johnson regarding the draft picks, and I understand. It's a love or hate pick. I don't fault anyone for that.

Alright, people. As you were.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

FWIW, I read someone post that when we drafted Chris Johnson, Fisher got a text from Gregg Williams. It was rumored to be a 4-letter expletive. If true, that's gotta make you feel good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar