Mike Williams' career in Detroit is all but over

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd bring him in and see what he can do. I'd even be willing to trade a 2008 pick for him if it was conditional on him making the roster.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It doesn't hurt to try him out cheap, if we can, but players don't change, we have to accept him for what he wants to be. Which is a big WR. He thinks that is his optimal weight, and who are we to say he is wrong. IT may be.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Trade for D-Jack please he is what we need.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The article also says that McCown was a no show as well. We could get two malcontents in one deal and have a bench warming WR and a back up QB...

I agree with Star that he is worth a look if we don't have to risk too much.
    Either way I'm not sure if he is even going to help the team more than Justin Gage at this point.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Wouldn't trade anything for him, if he gets cut I might bring him into camp, but that's it, at this point I don't even think he's worth a 7th rounder

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess the whole idea of offering some kind of compensation for Williams is to make sure we get him here. If he gets cut he is a FA and can go anywhere. If they really think he could help the team it would be worth a conditional pick for sure.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

there are rumors that he wants to go to Oakland because of their new coach.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably the same as all USC guys will get drafted by Tennessee because of Chow and the USC connection.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Simple solution..

Mike williams for a conditional pick in 08(5th-7th) assuming a new contract is signed. No more than a 2 year deal worth $2M. His current contract has 3 years left at a cap hit of over $2.5M a year. Nobody wants to pay that..

Certainly worth a look the guy has only been in the league 2 years and just turned 23 in january. He didn't play badly as a rookie with 29 catches.

No we don't try him at TE. With the right team and some motivation he could provide some nice depth. His 29 cathes as a rookie was more than brandon jones had the last 2 years. Not saying he is equal to jones just making a point..

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i think Oakland's new coach used to be his WR coach @ southern cal. he might have had a closer relationship with him than he did with chow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar