Mike Singletary has just hit the open market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mike as DC would be nice.

Although, I don't get why they fired him with one week to go? Don't see the point.

2. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ya we really need someone that's going to change QB's every quarter. that would solve all of our problems!!11!1! :lol:

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Maybe they want to be first to take a crack at Harbaugh (or whoever they covet)..

4. amy

amy Starter

It could be any number of reasons. One is that most NFL players are not that smart. Another reason is that a lot of NFL players play for the money, and they aren't as interested in the sport as we think they are. As you can see, many former players get hired as commentators. And I think those who spend many years playing have run out of gas by the time they retire. They simply don't want the hassle.

5. amy

amy Starter

I heard one of the talking heads on ESPN today mention that Singletary is a perfectionist and he wants his players to work as hard as he did, so when they don't, he gets in their faces and benches them. The head said that he didn't think an approach like that goes over with the 'new' NFL player. And I was thinking if he had Vince as his QB, the kid would last about two games. Singletary's approach with Vince would likely resemble the commercial with the whiney man and the former drill sargent as his therapist.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Singletary and the Gen Ys.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

8. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He's still a better coach than Fisher.

The only two players that are worth mentioning are Gore and Davis. That's all Singletary had to work with on offense. The defense, well, I don't have to bring that up.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hopefully it means he won't be coaching in TN.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar