Mike Singletary has just hit the open market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't know why, but he's on a short list of coaches I want to take over for fisher. He nearly turned around the 49ers franchise despite a severe lack of talent, he's made Alex Smith look like a half decent quarterback, he righted the ship of Vernon Davis, and the guy clearly knows his football.

I also think the West Coast offense would do wonders for Vince Young (ideally McNabb) if he can learn it.

We should go get this guy. :yes:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

How is going 5-4, 8-8, and 5-10 in the worst division in ANY major league sport almost turning a franchise around?

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The York's were trigger happy. I only wish the Owner of our team was so quick to pull the trigger.

As for him coming to Tennessee, I highly doubt that would happen.

As bad as Alex Smith looked at times, he didn't need to switch him and Troy Smith daily like he was doing.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'd love to have him here. Won't ever happen though. I'm pretty sure Fisher will be buried near the south endzone at LP when his time on this earth is done. They will change the name of the field to LP-JF Field

5. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I really like his coaching style. Not sure I'd want him here necessarily, but I enjoy his strict handling of his players.

Just getting a bit tired of the "loose" football team. What I saw out of Scott and a few others today was just annoying.

6. TheSureThing

He won as many games in that 2 and a half year span as the entire franchise won the prior 4 years before he was hired.

18-46 from 2004-2007 pre Singletary
    18-22 from 2008-2010

your telling me thats coincidence? They were heading in the right direction no question.

I don't fault him for this season either, injury riddled team with not many offensive weapons outside of Fank Gore and Vernon Davis.

Besides, everyone here loves to call VY a winner...Well Mike Singletary "wants winners"...Sounds like a perfect match :brow:

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Singletary is a fine defensive coordinator but as a head coach he didn't show me anything that impressed me to the point where I would want him.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Anyone but Fisher.

He's way down the list of coaches I would like to have, but I'll take him if necessary.

If his only option is defensive coordinator again, I'd be all for him coming here. In fact, he'd probably be at the top of my list for defensive coordinator candidates.

9. TheSureThing

Bill Belichick with his first team started 20-28, ended his tenure 36-44. A .450 win percentage. Not very impressive either.

Mike Singletary, 18-22. .450 win percentage.

Both took bottom feeder teams and undoubtedely made them better based on record alone. Belicheck's next team won the championship his 2nd year there...the rest is history..

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Don't use injuries as an excuse. They got off to a 1-6 start.

I'll say this in his defense. How many coaches and coordinators has Alex Smith gotten fired? This guy is a grade A disaster right up there with Russell, Couch and Leaf. Problem is the 49ers were stupid and kept giving him chances because he would throw in a 300 yard 3 TD game every now and then and people would think he's finally living up to potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar