Mike Reinfeldt defends his offseason moves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

MR is doing great the way he is building the team will allow it to stay competetive for many years. If they keep having cap room they will attract the big names in future years. Why add just to add the team we have here is plenty good, and wait to see the offense with the dinger at the helm. They will be 10-12 win team for the next few seasons and not have to struggle in cap hell like the past.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Right now it's Crumpler and Kearse. Add is it Jake Scott? Also Warrick Dunn or Julius Jones, D.J. Hackett, Takeo Spikes, and a trade for Shepphard or Deangelo Hall. That's a really good off-season. With tons of other possibillities their is still a long way in FA. What I listed above is probaly my dream off-season.

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well fortunetly there is a significant difference between laboy and kearse lol

yes age is one, but skill is another and experience is another. Locker room presense and leadership is also another difference. MR is an idiot, ill admit it, but this was a smart move, believe me. we have the best D-line with the best d-line coach in football

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

MR your doing a great job your the best...............blah blah blah.

What did he do so far? Signed Kearse ok but he lost Odom and Laboy he had to sign him. you praise that move but he put us in a position of desperation to sign a DE and Jevon wanted to come nack so bad he would of took a bag of potatoe chips and 20 bucks for a titans jersey.

Signed Alge Crumpler ok solid job but thats the only thing he has done alllllll offseason.

Oh he's saving money forour core players I mean look he's got most of them signed right with all that money? Roos, Stewart, and Albert are any resigned long term with all that money no.

He has done nothing so far. I would be ok with his lack of signings if he got 2/3 of those guys signed long term but he doesn't have one. If he doesn't make some signings like Scott, Hadnot, Wilson, Dunn, or Hackett then we will leave FA with more needs then we enetered with....contridicting huh.

He needs to make some signing asap and work out our core players contracts and not sit there for 3 months and accomplish next to nothing expect add some needs.

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

You're not Dan Quayle are you??

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Aside from looking like a puffy, beat-up version of Mitt Romney, the other thing Mike Reinfledt has in common with Mitt is a failure to make good on his dream. I'm sorry but, among other things, Bell should've been signed long term last year. Bell wasn't an All-Pro, but he was certainly solid and was a key member of our OL. This was especially important considering everyone knew Olson was / is a dead horse. Apparently, Amano and Harris can fill in for Bell. Oh really? Is that why Jake Scott and Rex Hadnot have been brought in? Did we even make an offer to Faneca? Did we even contact his agent? How about Damien Woody? Does Reinfeldt ever get our of Nashville? Do the Titans have scouts? Sure, Faneca got a pretty big deal, BUT WE'RE $28 MIL UNDER THE CAP!!!!!!!!

Like last year, this will be a pretty useless FA class for the Titans. Crumpler is a good signing, but is he the Crumpler or 2 years ago or will he miss 3-4 games because of his knee? Jevon? Past his prime, cannot be counted on to be a 16-game starter. What did last year's class do? Gage, Herndon, Harper, Fowler, etc failed to make an impact. This year's class, on Crumpler only, should have more impact, but will it be enough to counter the loss of the two starters on the OL and DL?

Berrian and Stallworth are not great WR, but they are deep threats and are certainly an upgrade over Jones / Williams / Gage. Did they even get invited to Nashville?

How about guys like Shaun Rogers? What did he cost, a 3rd round pick? Will there be a Shaun Rogers in the 3rd round this year?

There's plenty of other UFAs out there that could have been helpful to this team, such as Spencer Johnson, Bobby McCray, Drayton Florence, Madieu Williams, among others.

I know Reinfeldt believes you build through the draft, but I think he has to stop thinking he's the next Gil Brandt. To be a winner you have to have a successful combo.

The Pats go to where they are with a great mix of both, ditto with the Giants.

And the important thing is you have to make your players happy. They are the ones who play the game. The GM has a job, the player has a job, but there has to be a link somewhere.

Last year's draft class was aweful. Only Griffin has shown potential, but so far it's still very raw. Chris Henry? We don't know, but it looks like a wasted pick. Paul Williams, Chris Davis, Joel Filani, Ryan Smith and Mike Otto? Garbage. Leroy Harris has potential apparently. Is that why we didn't see him much last year? Antonio Johnson and Jacob Ford already have a pretty big injury to their resume.

I'm sorry if I don't believe in Reinfeldt and his build through the draft theory.

Safety wasn't the no. 1 need last year, yet he went with Griffin over Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Spencer, Ben Grubbs and Anthony Gonzalez.

RB was definitely not a need, yet he went for Henry over Steve Smith and Eric Wright.

Then he took Williams, although the better pick, even back in April 07, would've been Brandon Mebane or Tennessee's own Jonathan Wade.

It's senseless to evaluate past the third round, but with that in mind, do you trust Reinfeldt can build a winner through the draft?

And please don't tell me it was his first draft, because in 20 years in NFL FOs, he's had his say in many a pick.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I sort of want Reese back.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Ooh yeah. Hell sweet cap hell.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The same Faneca who everyone agrees is washed-up?
    3 of the 4 started and we big contributers. Sure they are not core guys, but you draft core guys (like Bulluck, VY, Roos, Stewart, Haynesworth etc. with the rare exception of KVB).

They got paid like great WRs.

The same fat guy who leaves for half the plays. And, he got a contract bigger than his gut.

Who got paid like core players.

The same G-men who signed one FA last year?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol burned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar