Mike Reinfeldt defends his offseason moves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this question:

Q: Are the Titans trying to develop Vince Young as a pocket passer or take advantage of his God-given abilities?

Welcome to the Bible belt Mike :ha:

Good read overall, I thought he gave a great window into the workings of the front office and it sounded to me like he's trying to rebuild the team with draft picks and sees us being a contender for years to come, which explains why he's not looking at the stop-gap type of signings from free agency.

2. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

i like his style, the most interesting comment that puts everything into perspective is the effect on the locker room of signing average players to above average contracts. then you will get tension in the locker room and your best players coming to you with their hands out. Good call that Moss was the only real elite receiver, if stallworth was so good, NE would have kept him, and berrian is not even in the same league as the others. I say wr in rnd 1, de rnd 2, o-line rnd 3, cb rnd 4 and the freak will once again get freaky

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Oh no! Not winning games in the 4th qtr again.:suspect:

4. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

In my mind, getting a number one receiver was the most important thing. How will Vince Young be able to scramble around and keep defenses on their heels if they don't even have to respect the receivers downfield?

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Stallworth and Berrian aren't number ones. Berrian has a small chance at becoming one, and Stallworth doesn't have any chance at it. Mike explained the Moss situation himself.

I'm behind Mike. I think he's going about this the right way. We saw him bring in several guys that could contribute to the team today. I like Mike's way of doing the free agency period.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Which quarter would you like to win in?

7. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

That's pretty much happening to the NY Jets already.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll agree with what some others said....Stallworth and Berrian are not #1's. Maybe Berrian has a chance to be, but there's so many #1's above him I can't consider him one. A good friend who follows the Bears very closely said he was overrated awhile back and that he'd probably get overpayed. Correct imo.

I don't think we'll just sit on a ton of cap space. Seems like he's clearly saying build by the draft, find your core players and pay them those big contracts. Let the so-so guys go and replace them with moderate FA's and draft picks.

He mentioned two guys, Roos and Stewart. I believe they want some (probably a good chunk) of our cap dollars to go to those 2. Then you got Al. It may not look pretty or exciting now, but I like the chances of this working better as opposed to what some of these teams like the Raiders are doing.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great read.

Reinfeldt on Starks: ‘one man’s trash is another man’s treasure,’ Thats a little harsh. :irked:

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

But true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar