Mike Reinfeldt: a zero or a hero

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

In retrospect an amusing read.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

We have a winner!

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

right now, I'd still say neither

he's done his job
    he cut some bait
    and brought in some guys that are overachieving

can't give him too much for effort
    but the effects seem to be working out

4. smili

smili Starter

I give MR alot of credit for doing the weekly radio show with Plaster. As a fan I appreciated that Reese did that, and am glad MR is continuing.

I think he's done pretty good at building depth on the team through the veterans he's picked up. He's also clearly rejected overpaying for FA talent. He's in the process of using cap to extend deals to good existing players, and I like that approach also. (Like extending Tony Brown recently).

I'm very disappointed in the draft we had and it's impact on this year's team. Not sure who was calling the shots overall and how much was MR, but some evaluation of that process needs to be done before next year to understand a bit of the apparent mis-evaluation.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I totally forgot about this, good bump lmao

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I would say things are definitely lining up closer to hero than zero these days; however, it is about 3 years too early to really know.

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I'm not saying he's bad, but what player has he added to last year's squad that you're so excited about? Fowler, Harper, Griffin, Henry, Herndon, Gage or Simon?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or didn't add that everyone here got excited about - Keyshaun (retired), Donte (done zero), Travis Henry (suspended), Bennett (6 catches so far), Rice (zero sacks).

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I get that. I was cool with letting both Henry & Bennett walk b/c I personally didn't think they were worth that kind of money. That's cool. But it's like receiving yardage for a running back. It's a bonus. GM's are defined by whether or not they can bring IN talent. Who is on the field. What good is a GM who can only not overpay people? So until he brings us somebody good--a player for us to hang his hat on--how could you not be the least bit spooked?

While some think the all or nothing way Floyd mishandled the cap was awful--he did bring in talent. I may be completely wrong, but I just have a bit of a vibe that MR is fiscally responsible, which is cool, like a rb with good hands, but may not have the greatest nose for talent.

Hope I'm wrong. You never know about draft picks--we all know that--but I didn't like ours at the time (he had to know how Griffin was going to be used; reaching for Henry, etc)--and haven't had anything yet to turn that around. This is going to be a good team. I just don't want mediocrity to keep us from adding the pieces that would make us elite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar