Mike Reinfeldt: a zero or a hero

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

wel probably draft a rb to back him up

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Interesting take. First of all We need a backup for White because the assumption is White will get his chance. We have no one to back White up and he hasn't exactly been Eddie George so far avoiding injury. Duckett would be a solid backup IMO. We don't need a pro-bowl guys to be able to step in and take a few carries. We do need someone who can be reliable and isn't still in diapers.

Secondly, even if Jones does "step up" we have virtually nothing to go with him. He just became our #1 WR by default just like White became our #1 RB. Neither of those guys has really proven they can be the best WR and RB on a team and do well enough for the team to win. I'm not sure Jones is capable of being the next Chad Johnson but even if he was we would still have some serious work to do to upgrade the rest of our WRs.

Thirdly, where does this Long/Mehelona comment come from. I'll assume you ended the post with a joke, at least I hope that was your intent.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

duckett is not what we need, thats why we didnt even talk to him or his agent.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

???? Was Gage a 1st round pick? How has he underachieved?

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well he hasnt achieved.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

DC titan..

What is it we need then? Ron dayne, labrandon toefield? I like toefield but the titans don't seem to be making much effort to get him. Did we make much of an effort to get anthony thomas? If reese was still here he would have gobbled up one of those guys by now..

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Don't fret about the backup RB spot. I guarantee a player of the caliber of Dayne/Toefield/Duckett will get released before or during TC. It isn't hard for a RB to pick up the system.

Also this yr in the 3rd rnd you will see some great value at RB because the need is so low. I guarantee that we will have a shot at one of these RBs Kenny Irons, Jackson, Booker, Hunt, Henry or Leonard. Any of those guys will be as good as Toefield/Dayne/Duckett.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What is with the Duckett love? The guy has been a huge underachiever.

If anything, the Titans need another style back from White and can do a lot better than Duckett. IMO, Brown would be a better option.

Though I agree Jones needs some help, unless you are ready to write off Roby, Williams and Orr, why not give them the opportunity? They were fairly productive in '05 and Young won't be a top 10 passer if we had Chad Johnson on the roster.

I don't understand the mentality that you draft players you feel have talent, work two seasons to coach them up and improve their game only to never give them the opportunity. If the Titans return to become a top team in this league, it'll be because their draft picks are the core of their team.

Again, you ready to call Mahelona a bust after one season? You know how good Long will be?

I'm all for upgrading any position we can with quality players with upside. To waste money and experience someone with talent on our team could be getting by overpaying a mediocre vet is short-sighted, IMO.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

cBrown > TJ

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Dude... Chris Brown is not better that TitanJeff :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar