Mike Reinfeldt: a zero or a hero

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Dude if anything he is smart for not over paying for these free agents, most of them not even worth it I think. But I will see how he does in the draft.

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

So Mike is expecting all our draft picks, or at least most of them, to start for us next year?

3. You build your team through the draft and use FA for vetrans to add balance.I've said this it least 50 times on this forum but no one seems to buy into it.Everyone wants Reinfedlt to get the credit card out and start swipin away,you only bury yourself that way,ask Dan Snyder if that worked.Let the Dam Man do his job

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i love this idea of building through the draft

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I agree you build through the draft, but as of the last of regular season, we were on the verge of the playoffs. We have lost a lot of the key players that brought us to that point. We are left with the players that could not beat them out last year as it already was, or new draft picks who've never played a game in the NFL.

I was hoping to build through the draft on what we had (not player for player but you know what I mean)

6. i agree but Bennett,Wade,and Henry got overpaid.I think it was smart not to re-sign those guys even though they helped us finish the season strong.Obviously Fisher has confidence in Roby,Roydell,ORR, and the draft to fill those needs.I guess we'll have to wait and see if it works out

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So, when can we sfaely start with the derogatory names? ;)

8. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I agree with building through the draft and I don't think we should try to acquire "All these FA", but, I do think we have more holes now than we did when the season ended and I think at least one of these FA would have been a big help in adding some experience and filling at least one of the holes. Who are the experienced players that are going to teach the youngsters that you guys think think will step right in from being drafted and contribute so greatly to our team? Givens is the only real experienced WR we have and he's injured. Jones going to teach a new CB or should we let Hill do it? Assuming that Jones is either still with us allowed to play. I like the idea of drafting for the future but you need some A: depth and B: experience to teach the little things.

On a side note: with all his support so far of MR and our lack of action so far, I'm beginning to think that Gunny may be related to MR like some long lost son or something. :moon2: :))

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

reinfeld is a zero, he doesnt even know what kind of defense we play!

Reinfeldt said Fowler rated as a priority to the Titans.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070313/SPORTS01/703130373/1027

"He's a smart, aggressive middle backer," he said. "He was kind of stuck in a system that's more of a 3-4; he's probably better suited to the 3-4 that we play. I think he's a leader. ... He would just be a good fit for us in a lot of ways."

:sarcasm:

im sure it was a typo

10. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

Omg!!!!

This is killing me!

We need a WR, DE and a saftey!!! Are FO hasn't made a move at all! I'll give them some credit they did sign Harper but thats the only good player so far!!! I can't take another bad year, we have to go to the playoffs this year!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar