Mike Munchak Approval Poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 30, 2012.

?
  1. Approve

18.0%
  2. Disapprove

82.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

1. Awe, poor thing. Maybe he could use a hug.
    2. Haha, the standard around here are rediculous.
    3. He wanted Hass all along. Rustin was the one who wanted Locker to start. Kudos for making a decision that should have been made last year.

People are just voting for approve because they don't like any sort of negativity. They're just trying to "level the playing field" -scarecrow. There are no reasons to approve.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You guys are ridiculous with your early judgements.

Sounds like most of you want us to fire every coaching staff if there is ONE season where we do not make the playoffs. And cut every player.

Sorry that's not reality and how the NFL works.

Sorry if expectations are a terrible team and 9-7 beats the expectations and you can't understand that or feel like fan expectations are too low when they were just realistic based on personnel and schedule.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

You can't be serious. So you have watched every game this year from start to finish, and aren't concerned about our coaching? The lack of viable personnel also falls on the coaches.

It's not that we didn't make the playoffs, it's that our team looks utterly pathetic and uncoached.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I said it earlier in the thread, but I honestly believe this fan base has been conditioned over the years to be accepting of mediocrity. It's not that I think they necessarily enjoy being mediocre, or don't want to win. It's that there seems to always be this mentality of "Well, could be worse", and that in itself is enough for some folks.

But hey, I'm done. No one is changing anyone's mind here. That was never the goal of this thread anyway. I really just wanted to see actual numbers as to how goTitans members feel about the "job" Munch has done. And it looks like nearly 80% of us know what's what. ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Absolute BS and ridiculous. Noone has been conditioned to accept mediocrity. Get over yourself just because you are anti-Munch does not mean the rest of us don't care about the success of the TItans.

6. Alex1939

Of course I've watched every game and am concerned about our coaching.

That doesn't mean I am accepting mediocrity or don't think improvements need to occur.

And NO, viable personnel does not fall on the coaches. Ever heard of a General Manager before???

Just like Coach Munch said, "I am not satisfied with 3-5 and no one should be satisfied with 3-5."

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Seriously, do you even read what I post or just skim and pick up on words here and there? Because about 75% of your replies to me lately have been based on what you thought I said rather than what I actually said in reality.

Feel free to show me where I said you don't care about the success of the Titans. In fact, I clearly said "It's not as if they don't want to win". I'm merely saying some people have pretty low standards of what is acceptable. You'll say my standards are too high. And I'm fine with that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Shortlist - Gruden - Look at his offense and it doesn't even compare to Palmers.

Schwartz did exactly what Fisher did.. He had an easy schedule thus an above average season but he couldn't beat the top tier teams.

He lost to the

Falcons
    Saints (2x)
    Packers (2x)
    Bears

He barely beat all of the other teams he played.. and I'm talking bad teams.. He beat the raiders by 1 point... and a number of other teams by 1 score... a W is a W but ugly W's don't come too often in the playoffs and that's when it matters.

So my conclusion of Schwartz is this... He won the easy games and got into the playoffs and stunk it up. I wonder what other coach we know of that did that same thing? His mentor. You gotta think... No music city miracle and what is Fishers legacy? A guy that won 2-3 playoff games in 17+ years? The guy who got owned year in and out by the QB up in Indy?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Considering Jake Locker's been hurt, Colin McCarthy's been hurt, and the fact we've had NO run game for half the season, I'd say being 3-5 isn't that bad. Combined that with the fact our No.1 WR and No.1 TE can't stay hot, and that our defensive coordinator is dyslexic, how could we not be 3-5.....?

This isn't on Munch IMO. He kind of had no choice but to hire Jerry Gray. And correct me if Im wrong, but weren't the Colts and Bucs interested in hiring Jerry Gray as head coach last year...? They were, so don't cry about Munch being responsible for hiring an incompetent dumb-dumb. Up until last month there was nothing suggesting Gray was a bum.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't get the Gruden love. This is a coach who got FIRED from his former team because he/they were bad. I don't want some retreat just because they one were a good coach. Give me a rising coordinator or a HC from the NCAA.

He made the playoffs. That's something that hasn't happened around here for a while.

I bet if Munch made it, and the Titans lost in the first round, we'd still hear people wanting to make a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar