Mike Mularkey & Terry Robiskie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hear me out before you crucify me. Both of these guys were very unpopular hires and I believe both of them deserve some appreciation right about now. The offense is firing on all cylinders as of late, so both Mularkey and Robiskie deserve credit for that IMO. Today especially, I really felt the game plan and execution was fantastic. The 1st Murray long run TD, the Fasano TD and the Murray to Walker TD were especially wonderfully designed, wonderfully executed plays. All 3 really hard to defend, and called at the perfect time.

As for Mularkey as a head coach. The man's a good head coach. He deserves a lot of credit for what's going on here. Don't underestimate the value of changing the mentality and culture. I believe he's done that. Guys expect to win. Guys are seeing their hard work during the week pop up in the W column; that makes guys buy in - and this team has 100% bought in. That's extremely difficult to do - especially with the losing culture/mentality we've developed in the last 10 years.

This team is well respected right now. And we have Jon Robinson and Mike Mularkey to thank for it. And of course, a franchise QB. Everybody deserves credit.

But let's show some love for Mike Mularkey who's doing a really great job right now. Amy Adams, you got it right.

• High Five x 13
    • Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers x 2
    • Boring x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I can't disagree. with the exception of the turnovers (which is on mariota not the coaches) this offense is putting up numbers this franchise hasn't seen. we are also seeing guys emerge at the WR position as well. Matthews and Wright and Sharpe are starting to make more plays every week. do we need more playmakers on the outside? sure, but it's getting better as is mariota. also, credit Russ Grimm and the offensive line. They're doing an outstanding job in run and pass blocking.

We are one true stud WR away from being a dominant offense.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I have been very critical of Robiskie and Mularkey but each game the team has been getting better. The stats prove it and we have 5 wins! We are definitely better. Mularkey has done what he's promised; build an o line, protect MM8 and be competitive. I'm changing my tune and giving these old dudes a chance.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Agree. Mularkey has had the locker room. And they actually have other coaches involved in the game plan who have OC experience as well. Mularkey said when he assembled this staff he wanted to have as many heads and ideas in his game planning room as he could get...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I'll appreciate their resignation

• LOL x 7
    • Bullsh*t x 2
    • Troll x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Cheers x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think it was as mistake in the way Amy went through the hiring process. From that standpoint, I struggle even today getting behind Mularkey. But If I remove that from the equation, I have no real desire to see him fail. I think it's great the team is getting behind him and I think it's key that Marcus has bought into him. But Marcus would support anyone. It's just who he is. I'd rather see this team win a lot and Mike keep his job than see this team fail bigly an him lose it. If they can make the Wild Card this year. That will be huge for him. I'd love to see it happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

the afc west has all but killed the wild card race it looks like. its division or nothing I think at this point

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

They beat Indy in Indy. Chicago in Chicago and Houston in Nashville. I like their chances.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

still way too eary for appreciation.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Our losses to Oakland and Chargers hasn't made it easier either, but yeah - the 2 W lead the AFCW teams has, seems hard to catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar