Mike Mularkey Farewell tour 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No. I don't agree with either. You said it yourself...."in my book"....
    And if they gave him a 5 year deal you would have lost your mind.

I don't agree that he is on the hot seat to take them to the playoffs this year. Not with AAS.....with fans maybe so.

I will agree with this:
    I misread your post and thought you meant he wouldn't make it through this season. For that, I apologize.

There are just so many people here that seem to want him to fail so badly so they can be right.....it comes across like losing is ok so that can happen.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. skitch

Being "motivated" or "flat" as you said, does not always mean that there is not hard work. There is a difference.

We went for 2 wins to 9. We lost to a 12 win, good Raider team in a game that was closer than the score. We just handily beat the Jags who have a good defense.
    Yet people are looking for the next coach.

3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Remeber, Mularkey was an AAS signing, not a Jon Robinson hire. Meaning if he fails this year, it would be 2 years without no playoffs adding to the long 10 yrs drought? Robinson will have no choice but to fire him mid season next year if they start slow. I certainly dont see MM lasting until his contract expires if he fails to take this team to the playoffs. Now do I think hes an upgrade over Ken Whisenpunt and Mike Munchak? Absoustetly. But this is a win now league and what have you done for me league. A 9 win season is nice and all but if that 9 win record doesnt translate into making the playoffs in the worst division in football than that blames goes to the coach no matter how you look at it. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. skitch

Well....I am the director of sales for a multi- million dollar company with record sales....so thanks for the business lesson.

So when you try to motivate them and despite effort, they fall short.....do you fire them, or does your boss fire you?

According to your logic, the players (your employees) despite your motivation don't perform. So your boss gets rid of the coach (you) instead of under performing employees.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

If you the "multi-million dollar man" read as it said, If I don't deal with people who do not perform. My boss WILL deal with me.

I deal with employees who do not perform or my boss WILL ABSOLUTELY fire me..... All GOOD leaders will deal w/ ANYONE (Leader or not) who is not doing their job. If I am not dealing w/ employees who do not perform; I am not doing my job. If he does not deal with me he is not doing his.

Just as a HC who REPEATEDLY says, "They need to execute better" is not dealing w/ the execution issues; he regularly cites as the problem.

I DO NOT WANT Mularkey to fail. I want the team to win. I just do not expect it w/ Mularkey. I have REGULARLY said, I hope I am wrong; and will be the 1st to admit if I am. Hopefully the team gets better on offense & the team continues to improve on defense. That IS WHAT I WANT. And I WILL be happy if it happens. Mularkey or not....

IF he takes this team to the playoffs I WILL absolutely eat my words & admit I was wrong. HAPPILY..... However, to do that he will have to keep this team going for a full game. Not a half.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. skitch

Believe me....I am FAR from a "million dollar man"....but thanks.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are conveniently forgetting the sham of a coaching search that ownership did

zero Mularkey can do to make that better

8. skitch

What does the search have to do with what I stated? Nothing.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

everything about MM will be looked at thru that lens by a crapton of fans

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Skitch: outta curiousity; In your opinion, what are your excepations on Mularkey this year?!... is it a playoff or bust type of year for Mularkey?

Last year I gave him a pass beacause in his own words he said "to give him a chance to build a roster he wants" now that he has done that, what is your opinion if he fails? Again I want him to SUCCEED, for what is worth I like his HONEST approach on everything, even in the media, he doesnt seem to sugar coast alot of things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar