Mike Mayock's position-by-position rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that if we play our cards right we can end up with another 3 really good players in the first 3 rounds.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm a big time Penn State follower. I noticed that a lot of times he was asked to contain and on those plays, analysts liked to question his heart and his motor. I think that is something of a carryover from his reputation from early in his career. The Penn State staff consistently praised him for his "high motor".

I don't think motivation should be a concern with Still. My concern is injuries and durability.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Give me Brock Osweiler over Ryan Tannehill..

Wow, you know the TE class is weak if Orson Charles is #1 on his board. Don't get me wrong, Charles has all the potential in the world, but he he didn't produce like I thought he would. He could be great if he puts his mind to it, but at the same time, he can be a complete bust.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't even waste a pick on a TE this draft.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Its amazing how inconsistent the various mock drafts are when it comes to ranking DTs and DEs this year. If Brockers or Still is available at 20 we HAVE to take them in my opinion. The value at that pick would be awesome

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just imagine IF we got Mario (which is a dream)...

Mario - Casey - Still - Morgan

That could be a dominant DL for yearrrrrrrrrrrz.

7. JCBRAVE

Things will settle once the combine comes and goes.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

But what about Marks :cool:

9. JCBRAVE

I'm beginning to think Amini Silatolu may be our next Guard. I haven't seen any mocks with him going in the 1st or 2nd, so he could be waiting for us a little later on. Many are calling him the next Jahri Evans who was a 4th rounder, and now a Pro Bowler for New Orleans. And just like Evans, Silatolu is being seen as a developmental prospect projected to move from tackle to guard in the NFL. Mike Mayock says this guy is special and has a mean streak to him.

Munchak has always turned average linemen into stars, so no doubt in my mind that he could do the same with this guy. We know Munchak wants a defender in the 1st which IMO rules out David DeCastro, and Peter Konz from being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd. I think Silatolu is our guy in the 3rd or 4th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought that the first time I saw Mayock on tv talking about him. Silatolu just seems like the kind of pick this team likes to make at offensive line. Small school, good size, good strength, quick feet, you can teach him everything else.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar