Mike Mayock top 20 and position rankings..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol....

Comparing Ayers to Kevin Carter is ridiculous. Carter was a dominant player in college. His 42.5 career tackles for loss and 21.5 quarterback sacks BLOW AWAY Ayers. His last season in college he had 11.5 sacks. He played the run and the pass! Ayers is not really a pass rusher at DE.

The fact that Carter has played so long has dropped his avg sacks for his career. How many sacks did he have in the prime of his career (first six years)....Ill give you a hint...<cough>SIXTY-TWO<cough>

I'm pretty sure that's an average of 10 per season for six years. Ayers couldn't even hit 10 sacks ONCE in college.

And you're entitled to your opinion...even if it's wrong.

Gut

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

KVB was a run liability when he played on the left side in 05 and 06. He got pushed around some over there and he would over pursue plays and often allows himself to get trapped by getting too far upfield.

Once he moved to the right side it was a lot easier he didn't have a TE over him as much and he had AH on one side and bulluck on the other.

As for kevin carter i'm talking about carter as a titan. With us he averaged 6 sacks a season not 10 but was very valuable by being a playing the run tough and being versatile enough to help out inside. And frankly i could give a rats butt what his college stats were.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I totally disagree! KVB has been a very good run stopping DE for the Titans. The only real time I saw him over pursue was a bit last year. It was especially noticeable a few times in the playoff game. But I'd say he's one of the top complete DE's and he's a little better against the run than he is against the pass.

Do you or do you not want to compare him to Carter? If you do, you need to explain the complete difference in college stats and how Carter was a dominant pass rusher his first 5-7 yrs while Ayers hasn't been a dominant pass rusher in any season. And BTW, one of Ayers' sacks in the Senior Bowl was the QB's fault...it was a screen play but the DT coming up the middle jumped to knock the ball down so the QB ate it. Hardly 'beating' the LT when ur let go.

Considering we already have TBrown and Jovan Haye AND JJones...we don't need Ayers to slide inside on passing downs. And JJones and Ayers look to be the same player....run stopping LDE's who can slide inside and pass rush at DT. Problem is, we already have that. I'm not saying Ayers can't become an Aaron Kampman, but the odds are HEAVILY stacked against it so it's too big of a boom/bust pick for me.

Gut

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why was KVB moved to the right side? Because he was such a force against the run on the left side?

1000 word explanation expected..

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Would love Butler to be there for us....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar