Mike Mayock Position Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Carr does a lot of things pretty darn good, but he seems to fold under pressure; and by that I mean in the face of a defense. He looks pretty eyyyy when the D blitzes. He is a smart player though, perhaps that can be coached out of him.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

They call Blaine Gabbert "Jane Gabbert "for a reason. You can stand there in the face of pressure or you can't. No way to coach toughness.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Manziel is now Mayock's #1 QB.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Is CJ gone yet???

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Freaking great.

Hey guys Mike Mayock found Mike Irvin's pipe and has lost his mind.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Fry

Mayock had Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton too. Everybody makes mistakes.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's just flat out embarrassing. Gabbert wasn't even on my board. Doubt I would've taken him even in the 7th.

I never understood the hype.

Now I remember... Was Mayock the one who said Gabbert would go #1 overall to the Panthers?

QBs are a crapshoot, I suppose, so I'll give Mayock a slide on that one. He seems pretty spot on with the rest of his analysis.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gabbert was on NONE and I do mean NONE of this forums boards, how in the world could a well respected guy like Mayock not see that one?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Funny, I made the exact same comparison (Gabbert) when I saw game tape of how Carr reacts when blitzed.

10. Fry

It isn't anywhere nearly as bad though. Carr fades or throws flat-footed to avoid getting hit(the Mannings do the same thing). Might just be a product of him not being used to having pressure in his face. People point to the USC game when he was getting killed. I'd like to think that even the worst NFL offensive line isn't going to get outmatched like that on a down-by-down basis.

Gabbert would just take off for no reason. Perfectly formed pocket and he'd bail out. It was painfully obvious he was going to be nothing in the NFL.

I think Carr has the best arm in the draft, as far as accuracy and power(back shoulder fade is fun to watch). I like his footwork too. He has Aaron Rodgers-like feet. Almost looks like a shortstop turning to throw to first, that's how quickly he works.

I recently edited my top five position rankings to bump him up a spot. I've been warming up to him, but not at 11.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar