Mike Keith on Knoxville Sports Talk now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I missed the first part of the interview, but here's what we've got so far. I'll post more if he says anything else of interest.

Very good shot that Lendale White, Travis Henry and Chris Brown all remain on the roster in 2006. Also guesses that someone will want to make a trade for Brown.

Says that Titans and Mac9 will likely have one more round of negotiations early next week.

2. Broken Record

Did Young/McNair relationship have any bearing on the pick? Indirectly since we were aware of him when he was in high school. Played at Alcorn with Vince's uncle, etc.
    Direct impact, no probably not.

Is Vince smart enough to be an NFL QB? Our people like him because he is football smart, good learner, eager pupil. There is nothing wrong with his intelligence, he'll do just fine.

Over 14,000 Vince Young jerseys have already been ordered.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

:ha: @ your sig....

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

14,000? Do we have any comparative numbers to contrast that with?

ie, how many Eli Manning jerseys sold by midweek after draft day?
    you do realize that we just took back roughly half of Houston's fanbase with this pick? They just keep signing up. It's a (HEY! RIVERMAN!!!)

It's an in-vince-ion... like that movie with Will Smith where Randy Quaid plays a methed up unemployed crop duster turned fighter pilot who decides that he is Duke Nuke'em all of a sudden at get hari cari with it?

Seriously... where do you get draft pick jersey stats to compare to?

I bet he sells more Jerseys than Leinart...
    Go find out BrokenRecord man. I know you can do it!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If David Carr is on this list you know they are some jersey buyin' fools in Texas
    Top Ten last year... where will VY fall? In the top 10 I bet.

1. Randy Moss, Oakland Raiders
    2. Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons
    3. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
    4. Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Ben Roesthlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
    6. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers
    7. Byron Leftwich, Jacksonville Jaguars
    8. Carnell Williams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    9. Jeremy Shockey, New York Giants
    10. Tiki Barber, New York Giants

6. Broken Record

I'll try to look it up. I can tell you that there have been in the neighborhood of 15,000 Reggie Bush jerseys sold. Man, we missed out on a solid business opportunity!

7. Broken Record

Thanks Kam :)) If you ever have any ideas for new slogans just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar