Mike Holmgren

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would he go from GM to coaching another team? He won't..

He's 62 years old and done with coaching.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I thought so too, but I saw him say it this year a couple weeks back in an interview at a Browns practice. He said that he loves coaching but wouldn't return as a coach in Cleveland because he wouldn't wanna push Mangini out.

I don't have a link or anything but I saw it on TV and found it interesting. It was around the time Colt McCoy made his first start.

3. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I don't think Holmgren is done coaching at all. There's a good chance he goes to San Fran for next year. He started there coaching and is from there.

Holmgren and Reinfeldt are good friends though maybe he could convince him but I kindof doubt it.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

I heard him a few weeks back on Dan Patrick that he could coach again

5. enmydsrvsnomrcy

enmydsrvsnomrcy Camp Fodder

...i was actually just thinking about Holmgren and Reinfeldt being close...

...it would be the next closest thing to a miracle but the pieces are actually out there for...

...Reinfeldt to be GM, Holmgren to be coach, Brad Childress to be an offensive assistant to Homgren, and Ray Rhodes or Dick Juaran to be the defensive coordinator...then they could go after Kevin Kolb (a disciple of the Holmgren offensive philosophy)...hmmm, very, very interesting to say the least...

...but like i said - the next closest thing to a miracle...:pigfly:

6. amy

amy Starter

The controlling factor is Mr. Bud. And there's no telling what he will do, if anything. In fact, I shudder to think who he would have to hire if Vince stays the QB. If both Fisher and Vince aren't gone, I don't see the coming seasons much better than this one. It's not because Vince isn't a good QB, but that he can't be trusted to stay focused and sane. jmo

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The part I like is that he is let Favre be Favre, so he's been down that road. VY needs to be VY. You can't mold him into something else.

The part I don't like is that he seems to like someone who would want more passer than he does a playmaker.

He is "West Coast", and I think that suits Young's style of 10 yard passes and moving the chains. More or less ball control to set up the running game. Though I don't think of VY as a West Coast qb, it does fit what Holmgren likes to do.

He's a winner.

Holmgren likes a power running game. We don't have that.

He likes one back sets. And that does work well with CJ.

He likes the screen pass and that sets up well with what we like to do.

He is very partial to TE's. Our TE will lead the team in receptions every year and we have a lot of them.

He wants his quarterback "to make good decisions and be pretty accurate" so that the run game is set up. I think this year, Young does that. Although he can get erratic in the past, this year he fits that mold.

I think he might take the job, but he'd have to get used to the fact that VY is less of a pocket passer than he is used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar