Mike Evans Anyone??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We just spent the 34th pick on Justin Hunter. We have a 6'4" WR waiting in the wings and people want to add another guy because he's big.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yep. It would be a "Mike Millen" luxury pick, when we have other big needs.

3 first round talents at WR, plus McCluster, plus Washington?

too much of a good thing.

You can only throw to one at once.. and most of the time, we will only have 2-3 of them on the field at once.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Big guys have an easier time catching the ball (unless youre from New Jersey), and have a bigger range. With a QB many call "erratic" wouldn't it be a solid idea adding receivers who can catch poorly thrown balls?

Plus, Hunter is skinny, he's not a big guy at all, he doesn't venture up the middle much.

Im not saying Mike Evans is the guy Im looking at at 11, but I would take him over a guy the raiders dont even want.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I have liked this idea for a while now. Not really concerned with what happens with Barr. We have his coach. If he is gone, hes gone. If he is available, we will make the right call on him, hard to imagine using missing on that one. But with that no longer being a pressing need, I would love Mike Evans. That core WR was be deadly. Think about them and Murray next year?! I like. Hunter and Evans on the outside, they are not identical so they could work well together with Wright and Walker in the middle and Dex coming out of the backfield. That's not fun for the D at all. We can then drop a bit in the 2nd round to pick up a third. Go best D available in 2nd then go Tre Mason in 3 and Murray in 4. Think the NFL will let us go ahead and put that in stone?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Who do you recommend the Titans bench in the next few seasons, when we run 2 WR sets?

Washington, Wright, Hunter?

You can't invest too much in 1 position. All of the aforementioned 3 are people you want on the field. You add another surefire good receiver.. we get a logjam at the position, and someone gets benched.

Which is why I recommend we spend a later round pick on a developmental WR. So we don't have too many good 1st round talents at WR riding the pine.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Or we could find a better QB.

7. JCBRAVE

Id prefer we go that route over taking another WR

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Evans definitely wouldn't be turrible.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

How can you say you want to fix qb in this thread, then in another say we are good with locker?

10. JCBRAVE

Insurance, and I never said I want a QB, I said I'd go QB before taking another WR. pay attention.

Draft a QB, have him in case Jake goes down, and if not trade him next year. QB's are always in demand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar