Mike Evans Anyone??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That was the last of the three Millen drafted :)

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think we have enough weapons for a good qb. all good qbs make the o look better, with wright, hunter and almot any decent vet ( for now it's wash) we have the guys for a qb. As has been said before the only way I would be ok with any wr being picked at 11, mack, barr and all three top qbs must be gone and I just don't see that happening

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If I remember correctly the Lions took Charles Rogers, Roy Wiliams from Texas, then Mike Williams from USC, and last Calvin Johnson. Roy Williams was actually a decent receiver but never quite became the elite play maker he was brought in to be. Mike Williams got fat as hell and couldn't run let alone get open. I don't think we will face similar issues with Evans.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Evans would be a good value pick. Probably the No.1 receiver on the board in any other yr.

But he isn't really a need with Wright, Washington, and Hunter on board. If we are going offense, then we should go with Eric Ebron. My pick is still Anthony Barr. He's a legit playmaker on defense. And we haven't had that at the LB position since Bulluck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you are lying now? I didn't say Mccarron was better ONLY because he was taller but he is significantly taller. Mccarron has 2 national titles as a starting QB how many does Murray have? Mccarron played great in 2 national championship games. He was 20 of 28 against an exceptional notre dame defense.

Make more stupid comments why don't you? Mccarron threw at the combine and was comparable to some of the better prospects in the draft.

You made a friend of gunny the village idiot. Congrats. Murray for UDFA! Watch him not even be drafted or fall to the 7th rd. A Greg Mcelroy caliber prospect!
    !

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You have certainly not stated why McCarron is better than Murray in this thread other than mentioning his height.

Pretty hypocritical of you to say that Murray fans don't explain why we should draft him... Then I give my explanation while you have failed to say why McCarron is better or why we shouldn't draft Murray.

So why is McCarron better than Murray? And why do you hate Murray?

You do realize that there are dozens of other players on a team besides the QB, right? Bama clearly has had a far better roster every single year McCarron has been there than Murray's has had with Georgia.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

murray is without a doubt better than mccarron. But, idt either one will turn out to be anything but backups in the nfl. We already have our future backup qb in locker, no need for another.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Another 1st round WR? Please no. Lol we arnt going that route people.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Similar prospects in college. McCarron might have a better arm than previously thought.

Murray still contains everything from the shoulders up that you want in a QB. Brilliant but physically held back.

I wouldn't hold Murray much higher than McCarron on Friday... And depending on my mood Saturday... I wouldn't hold McCarron much higher than Murray either.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have been watching football for a damn long time and there of hundreds of damn good college Qbs who never amounted to a thing in the nfl. Murray has that look to me. Doesn't mean i hate him and want to kill his family. That's ust the way it is. We have had posters who were in love with Kellen Moore. Moore will never be starting nfl QB and was not drafted. What does murray offer that is different?

There are always exceptions to anything but you don't base analysis on exceptions. Murray is not Drew Brees!

A poster who begins a post with "we are cursed" is simply not credible and the people most in love with what he writes have a solid reputation for stupid.

Mccarron is not just 3 1/2 inches taller than Murray he is the better overall prospect. He sees the whole field better. Mccarron throws a better ball to the the edges on 7-15 yard out patterns and yes has been better in big games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar